Re: [Scouter_T] Re: New BALOO syllabus

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2008
      Upon further review - i.e. actually watching the tape, rather than catching bits in passing, I'm not really sure that it is new. It may just have been that I see it once a year vs. the NLE tape that I have memorized :-)

      In order to be positive, I'd have to find my missing tape and compare it to this new version my BALOO course director purchased.

      The number on the case is AV-01V011 - neither the tape or the case is dated.

      Sorry for the bum information.

      Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      3 Rivers District
      Scouting. Good for Life.

    • Janell Bunger-Spiecha
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 27
        Has anyone heard even a rumor as to when the new syllabus will be released for the outdoor components of the new OWL/BALOO ?

        Spring Training Times said May. It is nearly July already.

        Janell Bunger-Spiecha
        Sent from my iPhone
      • Mulberryscouter
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 28
          I was at Philmont and they said "sometime soon".... which to me means they are still working the kinks out. I'm not holding my breath though.

          What we are thinking of doing is going ahead and combining BALOO and OWLs and teach it, that way the participants have been trained and will not have to take an additional training. Unless somebody has a better solution?

          Lisa

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Jun 27, 2017, at 9:48 PM, Janell Bunger-Spiecha janellbs@... [scouter_t] <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Has anyone heard even a rumor as to when the new syllabus will be released for the outdoor components of the new OWL/BALOO ?

          Spring Training Times said May. It is nearly July already.

          Janell Bunger-Spiecha
          Sent from my iPhone

        • dan_dreelin
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 28
            The Prerequisites are in the online training. I would recommend looking that over and remove duplication from the old manuals. They did say it was expected to be released in May but based on past experience they run two to three months behind so I really do not expect it until sometime in July or August.

            Dan Dreelin,

            Council Training Chair, Executive Board

            Commissioner

            Stonewall Jackson Area Council

          • ed5870
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 28
              As long as it does not take as long as the old WOLT update took we waited for years being told it was coming. lol I am sure it will not be that long. Just a bit of levity on wait times.

              Ed Harvey
              Hudson Valley
              Council Cub Training Chair