Re: [Scouter_T] Re: New CS Training (from Scouts-L)

  • Judy Yeager
    Message 1 of 13 , May 31, 2008
      Regarding the question of whether NLE is still required for Cub Scout Leaders, following is a paragraph that was included in a memo to all Scout Executives from Sam Thompson, Director, Cub Scout Division dated May 15:

      "Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training should be the third step in training new leaders and helping them earn their "Trained" leader emblem. As of January 1, 2008, four training courses are required for leaders to earn the Trained emblem: (1) Fast Start Training for their position, (2) Youth Protection Training, (3) Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training, and (4) New Leader Essentials (or the equivalent training upon revision of the New Leader Essentials course due in early 2009)."

      That begs another question - ScoutNet has always considered a person "trained" by looking only to NLE and Position Specific Training. Will that be fixed and will those who are already considered "trained" be grandfathered in?

      Regarding the problem with the DVD, again from a memo to SE's from Sam Thompson dated May 30:

      "Unfortunately, there has been a slight hiccup with the disk: The video portion of the disk does not work as we had intended. The other files on the disk are fine and should be used until you receive your replacement disk.

      We are remaking the DVD and will forward the new one to you as soon as it is produced. We ask that when you receive the re-manufactured DVD (2008 Second Edition), you destroy the original disk and insert the new on in the back jacket of the syllabus."

      Hope this clears up the two most discussed questions about the new CS Training.

      Judy Yeager

      HOAC Council Training Chair

    • The Little's
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 1, 2008
        My husband says to rename or renumber the slides and then reburn the DVD.

        1 to 001, 2 to 002, 10 to 010, etc. Then sorting will work fine.

        His guess is that different Operating systems (Windows, Mac, Built in
        DVD) and maybe DVD burning software have different rules on sorting and
        that lead to the current issues.
        But it sounds like someone is already, redoing the project. That will be
        the simple plan.

        Carol