Now: Status of Trainer's EDGE Courses. Was: Introduction

  • Ken King (Dr. Kenneth P. King)
    Message 1 of 52 , May 7, 2008
      Thanks for the greeting, Sean.

      Your comment and query: "For those on this list who have inquired
      about the Trainer' EDGE course development, I'll let you in on a
      secret. This is the same Ken King that was the `Course Director' for
      the third iteration of the prototype offering, the course that our own
      list's Sandra Marten and I had the pleasure of attending and
      participating. So I'll ask the next logical question. How goes the
      course development, Ken?"

      Regarding the status of the Trainer's EDGE course, it seems to be on
      hold, so far as I know. Our writing team was a wholly-owned
      subsidiary of the National BSA Boy Scout training task force. As
      such, our work was subject to the endorsement and approval of (all or
      part) of that group. It would seem that the course, as our team was
      constructing it, did not meet the expectations of the larger group,
      and so has been placed on hold. That was the last I heard, and I'm
      not sure what the long-term plans for a Trainer's EDGE type of course
      may be.

      Personally, I think that the real strength of the course was a chance
      to practice skills introduced (or reviewed, for experienced trainers)
      during the morning session, and then to receive feedback on the
      presentation. If the idea of a Trainer's EDGE course is revived under
      another writing team, I would hope that that element of our pilot
      syllabus would be preserved. Presently, I'm not sure what, if
      anything, will come from the materials that we developed. Nor is
      there any relationship that I am aware of with the scheduled
      "Trainer's EDGE" courses at Philmont scheduled for this summer and
      this fall.

      Thanks for asking, Sean, and thanks for attending the course and
      providing feedback for the process.

      In service,

      Ken
    • Candace Lewis
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 19, 2012
        I thought I had the introduction to Cub Scouting also, but it must be on another computer. Hope this helps.

        Candace Lewis
        Paralegal to Jeffrey N. Kaitcer
        LOE, WARREN, ROSENFIELD, KAITCER, HIBBS,
        WINDSOR, LAWRENCE & WOLFFARTH, P.C.
        4420 W. Vickery Blvd.
        Fort Worth, Texas 76107
        817/377-0060; Fax: 817/377-1120

        Information contained in this email is confidential and protected from disclosure by the attorney/client privilege. It is intended solely for use by the recipient to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this communication is NOT the intended recipient (or employee or agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient), you are notified that you should delete this email, and that any distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this messagee in error, please notify us immediately at 817/377-0060. Thank you.