Introduction

  • Ken King (Dr. Kenneth P. King)
    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 28, 2008
      Dear Scout Trainers:

      My name is Ken King, and I am currently a Cubmaster in the Three Fires
      Council in Illinois (in the far western suburbs of Chicago).

      In my previous scouting life, I have served as a district training
      chairman, member of the council training committee, and for about
      three weeks, I was the council training chairman (but had to resign
      due to an expected move). I've served as a Wood Badge Course Director
      (the last local delivery of the previous Boy Scout leader syllabus),
      and I presently try to help out with local training courses as time
      and opportunity permit. All told, these experiences have served me
      well in my present role as a Cubmaster.

      In my non-scouting life, I am a professor of science education, which
      ties in nicely with my scouter training experiences. There are
      numerous parallels between preparing teachers to teach children and
      helping scout leaders to work with youth, and both experiences inform
      my practice.

      Beyond that, I'm a reasonably good cook and a terrible dancer. I seem
      to own too many books and records. I also have a very tolerant and
      indulgent wife, and for her I am most grateful.

      I look forward to learning from the collective wisdom of the list and
      sharing if my experiences can add something useful to the discussion.

      Best regards,

      Ken
    • Candace Lewis
      Message 52 of 52 , Sep 19, 2012
        I thought I had the introduction to Cub Scouting also, but it must be on another computer. Hope this helps.

        Candace Lewis
        Paralegal to Jeffrey N. Kaitcer
        LOE, WARREN, ROSENFIELD, KAITCER, HIBBS,
        WINDSOR, LAWRENCE & WOLFFARTH, P.C.
        4420 W. Vickery Blvd.
        Fort Worth, Texas 76107
        817/377-0060; Fax: 817/377-1120

        Information contained in this email is confidential and protected from disclosure by the attorney/client privilege. It is intended solely for use by the recipient to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this communication is NOT the intended recipient (or employee or agent responsible for delivery to the intended recipient), you are notified that you should delete this email, and that any distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this messagee in error, please notify us immediately at 817/377-0060. Thank you.