Re: [Scouter_T] Cub Scout Training from the top

  • Frank Maynard
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2008
      On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, Teresa Hall wrote:

      > 5. Yes, the rumors and scattered hints are true. Cub Scout leaders
      > now are required to have Youth Protection Training in order to wear
      > the Trained patch.

      We have been telling our trainees this since last fall, when I was told by
      our DE that it was now officially required. (Even if it isn't true, they
      really should have YPT, shouldn't they? We require it of all our adult
      leaders in our troop and parents who drive other scouts or come to
      campouts.)

      > 7. The Advancement-Based Cub Scouting will go into nation-wide field
      > testing during the 2008-09 school year. A certain number (or %age?)
      > of packs in each Council will be invited to participate.

      We were told at our council coordinated meeting this week that we can have
      up to 20% of packs participate, and as many dens as wish to within those
      packs may use it. Packs that are interested were asked to contact the SE.

      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
      Ottawa District Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council