Training Cancelled -- "accomodations" for leaders who needed that needed that tr

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2008
      Posting for our Council Training Chair.

      Please respond directly to him at:
      <jlw12@...>

      ------------------

      Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:19:37 -0400
      From: "J.Lance Wilkinson" <jlw12@...>
      Subject: Training Cancelled -- "accomodations" for leaders who needed
      that
      training?

      I recently was forced to cancel a scheduled University of Scouting
      due to insufficient registrations.
      Add to the many issues that conspired to result in poor
      registrations, I have several leaders who were
      registered and had pinned their hopes for satisfying their respective
      Leader Training recognitions on
      attending this University of Scouting, as work schedules for these
      folks have prevented the alternative,
      attending 4 round tables during their tenure in the leadership
      position for which the Training recognition
      applies.

      In cases of sickness or disability, we have policies to fall back on
      to accommodate youth in their
      rank advancement.

      Here we have a situation where leaders, through NO FAULT OF THEIR
      OWN, are prevented from
      completing their equivalent "advancement" without some kind of
      intervention by the Training Committee.

      We have a discussion forming within our council as to whether
      accommodation of any sort is appropriate,
      and if so, what form it might take.

      Comments, suggestions, observations and anecdotes (including
      repercussions) relating to how this has
      been dealt with in YOUR council would be greatly appreciated.

      In Service and Scouting, <jlw12@...>
      814-865-4870 work
      Lance Wilkinson
      Council Training Chair