Re: AV Equipment

  • AnacBuff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2001
      OK Dee Dee - that makes for another good question to the group. What
      > type(s) of AV equipment do you use? Does it belong to individuals
      or a
      > scouting unit (pack, district, troop...). Who pays for training
      materials?
      > (OK, OK, I know the answer to that one - but just asking for the
      heckuvit)

      > Nina Wolfson

      Nina:
      AV equipment that we use includes overhead projectors (council owns)
      and laptops/projectors which are privately owned by members of the
      training team. Sometimes the facilities that we use for training
      have AV equipment that we have permission to use. So, for us, the
      answer is - it depends on where, when and who is doing the training.

      Materials from our training kits are supposed to be paid for by
      council. Materials that we hand out to trainees comes out of the
      training budget for our team (read: training fees of about $3 for Cub
      Scouts, more for Boy Scouts.)

      At our district dinner this year we held a silent auction which
      raised a few hundred dollars that we hope to earmark for training so
      that our volunteers don't have to pay for training.

      Carla
      ADC - Island District
      Mt. Baker Council