Re: [Scouter_T] Woodbadge In Stone?

  • whymel@cox.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 9, 2008
      Neil,

      Just out of curiosity was your course in 2001 21st Century Wood Badge?

      Wally Hymel
      SE Louisiana Council

    • NeilLup@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 9, 2008
        In a message dated 4/9/08 4:04:07 PM, whymel@... writes:

        > Neil,
        >
        > Just out of curiosity was your course in 2001 21st Century Wood Badge?
        >
        > Wally Hymel
        > SE Louisiana Council

        I had the privilege of directing the first 21st Century Wood Badge course in
        New England. We got the final course guide about 10 days before the course
        started. We did our first weekend in September on Saturday, Sunday and
        Monday, then Tuesday AM, I was feeling pretty good about the course when our
        Field Director called to tell me that I might want to turn on the TV as there
        were some strange happenings at the twin towers in New York.

        Neil Lupton

      • Glenn Dziedzic
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 10, 2008
          In our council not only do they not have people from the same units, they split you up so that if possible the patrol does not have members from the same district. There were 7 people from my district that attended and none were in the same patrol.
          I used t be an antelope, a good ole antelope too
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 11, 2008
            Neil Lupton wrote:

            [snip]
            > The husband/wife pair was reluctant to clarify, but it came out that
            > she was legally blind and wanted him to read to her and help her to
            > do writing. I asked if they had listed that on her medical form and
            > they said "Of course not! It's none of your business." :)
            [snip]

            I wonder what had happened with them previously, for them to make that
            statement. Why else would they be so secretive and adamant that her
            vision status was none of "your" business?

            That is, _VERY_MUCH_, the business of the Course Director and certain
            others on staff. Just as much as a Scoutmaster needing to know that
            one of the boys in his Troop on the next campout is ADHD and on meds.

            It doesn't have to be "everybody's" business, but is _is_ the SM's
            business.

            I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
            -- Stephen R. Covey