Re: [Scouter_T] Woodbadge In Stone?

  • NeilLup@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 9, 2008
      In a message dated 4/9/08 11:46:14 AM, meadclan@... writes:

      > I went over 10 years after my hubby did, and just happened to be the same
      > critter as my husband, just by luck of the draw. It's pretty rare I think!
      >
      > Margo

      Patrol assignments are rarely "luck of the draw." I suspect it was planned
      to the benefit of you both.

      Best wishes,

      Neil Lupton

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 9, 2008
        Neil,

        Just out of curiosity was your course in 2001 21st Century Wood Badge?

        Wally Hymel
        SE Louisiana Council

      • NeilLup@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 9, 2008
          In a message dated 4/9/08 4:04:07 PM, whymel@... writes:

          > Neil,
          >
          > Just out of curiosity was your course in 2001 21st Century Wood Badge?
          >
          > Wally Hymel
          > SE Louisiana Council

          I had the privilege of directing the first 21st Century Wood Badge course in
          New England. We got the final course guide about 10 days before the course
          started. We did our first weekend in September on Saturday, Sunday and
          Monday, then Tuesday AM, I was feeling pretty good about the course when our
          Field Director called to tell me that I might want to turn on the TV as there
          were some strange happenings at the twin towers in New York.

          Neil Lupton

        • Glenn Dziedzic
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 10, 2008
            In our council not only do they not have people from the same units, they split you up so that if possible the patrol does not have members from the same district. There were 7 people from my district that attended and none were in the same patrol.
            I used t be an antelope, a good ole antelope too
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 11, 2008
              Neil Lupton wrote:

              [snip]
              > The husband/wife pair was reluctant to clarify, but it came out that
              > she was legally blind and wanted him to read to her and help her to
              > do writing. I asked if they had listed that on her medical form and
              > they said "Of course not! It's none of your business." :)
              [snip]

              I wonder what had happened with them previously, for them to make that
              statement. Why else would they be so secretive and adamant that her
              vision status was none of "your" business?

              That is, _VERY_MUCH_, the business of the Course Director and certain
              others on staff. Just as much as a Scoutmaster needing to know that
              one of the boys in his Troop on the next campout is ADHD and on meds.

              It doesn't have to be "everybody's" business, but is _is_ the SM's
              business.

              I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
              -- Stephen R. Covey