Weblos Outdoors Program - OWL

  • tomtribble
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 26, 2008
      Guys: In Chester County Council (PA), we have recently been debating
      the merits of whether to put on an OWL (Outdoor Webelos Leader, I
      think) program as we did in the past. Or whether to piggy back off of
      BALOO or IOLST. Much furious debate has come forth, so we thought
      we'd like to look at the OWL syllabus just to assess how much overlap
      exists in the other two programs.

      But, alas, we can't find the OWL syllabus anywhere (I checked the
      database here on this forum, but there isn't document number.

      Can someone point us to an electronic copy of the syllabus? Or even a
      way to order the document would help.

      And, if you have some thoughts on this subject, you can continue the
      thread.

      Tom Tribble, Chairman
      Chester Co.Council training chair
    • Ilively@comcast.net
      Message 34 of 34 , Apr 12, 2008
        The OWL that was a part of the larger syllabus was retired in 2005 when we (FINALLY!) received the new training. (The rest of the syllabus that the OWL was in, was retired in 2001 when Cub Scout Leader Specific Training replaced Cub Scout Leader Basic Training).

        You can find the syllabus online ... most of them at least ...

        http://www.bacarrowhead.org/training.htm

        Scroll to the bottom