RE: [Scouter_T] Re: CS Outdoor Program Guidelines

  • Ron and Ruth White
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
      Greetings!

      Thanks everyone! Guess I'll be photo copying the '07-08 edition (at least it is something!) for BALOO.

      Say a prayer that our two major trainings tomorrow (BALOO and a junior leader training) will happen, as the weatherman currently isn't saying nice things!

      Ruth White
      Buckeye District Training Chair
      Simon Kenton Council

      To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.comFrom: spatula@...: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:01:41 +0000Subject: [Scouter_T] Re: CS Outdoor Program Guidelines

      Ruth and all,In the past few years, the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines(CSOPG) has been published in the "Pack Annual Program Packet." Councils usually receive these in April or May (usually closer to May,as we cross our fingers that they come before our program kickoffs). I did check BSA Info, to see if they had posted it...the 07-08 is theonly one up their too.Looking at the Guide to Safe Scouting's Update page is a good clue ifthe CSOPG will be updated or not...The only updates currently listedthere are on Transportation and Caving. SO...I would say it is apretty safe bet right now that their won't be any major changes to theCSOPG.Now, thats not to say that there might be. We can only train with theinformation we currently have.Yours in Scouting,Brian SutillaSenior District ExecutiveCouncil Training Staff Advisor"Ken" <krtodd@...> wrote:>> What is on the web site, 07-08, is the appropriate document for the> current program year. They do not usually make next year's Guidelines> available until around the Annual Meeting in May.> > Yours in Scouting,> Ken> > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@> wrote:> >> > That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year> - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and> everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.> > > > > > YiS,> > Jamie Niss Dunn>