Re: [Scouter_T] CS Outdoor Program Guidelines

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2008
      That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.

      Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      3 Rivers District
      Scouting. Good for Life.

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
        What is on the web site, 07-08, is the appropriate document for the
        current program year. They do not usually make next year's Guidelines
        available until around the Annual Meeting in May.

        Yours in Scouting,
        Ken

        > That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year
        - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and
        everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.

        > YiS,
        > Jamie Niss Dunn
      • Warren Kraft
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
          Tonight, I lead a roundtable on the annual planning conference. It is an effort to condense a half day training session that my good friends in Gamehaven Council (Rochester MN) shared with me a few years back, into about 45 minutes.

          It is heavy on Boy Scout planning and i added the Cub Scout piece when we did a district presentation about four years ago. However, tonight I want to add the Venture Crew component.

          There are the basic components we've stressed in the past

          lDo your homework
          lGet Patrol Input
          lConduct the annual planning conference
          lGet Troop Committee approval
          lInform everyone

          And, we've referenced the Troop Program Features or the Cub Scout monthly themes and related resources. Are there any similar materials at the Crew level?

          With only 45 minutes or so, I can hold these adults just so long, so by necessity, it is a broad brush approach, more like an introduction to the annual planning process.

          Wisdom of the group is most assuredly appreciated. And for those who also are on SCOUTS-L, you will see a cross post shortly. Sorry for wasting your bandwidth but I try to cast as wide a net as possible.

          Many thanks for your help

          Yours In Scouting,
          wpkraft, Chaplain
          Twin Lakes District, Bay-Lakes Council
          Troop 615, Oshkosh
          http://www.troop615.0catch.com
          Bobwhite, C-09-02

          I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
          I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.

          Abraham Lincoln

        • Brian Sutilla
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
            Ruth and all,

            In the past few years, the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines
            (CSOPG) has been published in the "Pack Annual Program Packet."
            Councils usually receive these in April or May (usually closer to May,
            as we cross our fingers that they come before our program kickoffs).
            I did check BSA Info, to see if they had posted it...the 07-08 is the
            only one up their too.

            Looking at the Guide to Safe Scouting's Update page is a good clue if
            the CSOPG will be updated or not...The only updates currently listed
            there are on Transportation and Caving. SO...I would say it is a
            pretty safe bet right now that their won't be any major changes to the
            CSOPG.

            Now, thats not to say that there might be. We can only train with the
            information we currently have.

            Yours in Scouting,
            Brian Sutilla
            Senior District Executive
            Council Training Staff Advisor

            "Ken" <krtodd@...> wrote:

            > What is on the web site, 07-08, is the appropriate document for the
            > current program year. They do not usually make next year's Guidelines
            > available until around the Annual Meeting in May.
            >
            > Yours in Scouting,
            > Ken
            >
            > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@> wrote:
            > >
            > > That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year
            > - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and
            > everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.
            > >

            > > YiS,
            > > Jamie Niss Dunn

          • Ron and Ruth White
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
              Greetings!

              Thanks everyone! Guess I'll be photo copying the '07-08 edition (at least it is something!) for BALOO.

              Say a prayer that our two major trainings tomorrow (BALOO and a junior leader training) will happen, as the weatherman currently isn't saying nice things!

              Ruth White
              Buckeye District Training Chair
              Simon Kenton Council

              To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.comFrom: spatula@...: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:01:41 +0000Subject: [Scouter_T] Re: CS Outdoor Program Guidelines

              Ruth and all,In the past few years, the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines(CSOPG) has been published in the "Pack Annual Program Packet." Councils usually receive these in April or May (usually closer to May,as we cross our fingers that they come before our program kickoffs). I did check BSA Info, to see if they had posted it...the 07-08 is theonly one up their too.Looking at the Guide to Safe Scouting's Update page is a good clue ifthe CSOPG will be updated or not...The only updates currently listedthere are on Transportation and Caving. SO...I would say it is apretty safe bet right now that their won't be any major changes to theCSOPG.Now, thats not to say that there might be. We can only train with theinformation we currently have.Yours in Scouting,Brian SutillaSenior District ExecutiveCouncil Training Staff Advisor"Ken" <krtodd@...> wrote:>> What is on the web site, 07-08, is the appropriate document for the> current program year. They do not usually make next year's Guidelines> available until around the Annual Meeting in May.> > Yours in Scouting,> Ken> > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@> wrote:> >> > That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year> - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and> everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.> > > > > > YiS,> > Jamie Niss Dunn>