CS Outdoor Program Guidelines

  • rjays6
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2008
      Greetings!

      Does anyone know if the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2007 -
      2008 /13-228/ has been updated/replaced with a 2008 - 2009 version? (I
      don't need this one.)

      Last year I found the latest edition was in with materials someone
      brought back from National Camp School. If someone has a copy and can
      post in the files section as a pdf or e-mail me a copy, by 3/7 that
      would be excellent!

      Thank you in advance.

      Ruth White
      Buckeye District Training Chair
      Simon Kenton Council
    • Robert Wilson
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2008
        Is this what you are looking for?

        http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts/resources/cub%20scout%20outdoor%20program%20guidelines.aspx

        On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:40 PM, rjays6 <rwhitehouse1@...> wrote:

        > Greetings!
        >
        > Does anyone know if the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines for 2007 -
        > 2008 /13-228/ has been updated/replaced with a 2008 - 2009 version? (I
        > don't need this one.)
        >
        > Last year I found the latest edition was in with materials someone
        > brought back from National Camp School. If someone has a copy and can
        > post in the files section as a pdf or e-mail me a copy, by 3/7 that
        > would be excellent!
        >
        > Thank you in advance.
        >
        > Ruth White
        > Buckeye District Training Chair
        > Simon Kenton Council

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jamie Niss Dunn
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2008
          That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.

          Pack Trainer, Pack 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Coordinator
          Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
          3 Rivers District
          Scouting. Good for Life.

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
            What is on the web site, 07-08, is the appropriate document for the
            current program year. They do not usually make next year's Guidelines
            available until around the Annual Meeting in May.

            Yours in Scouting,
            Ken

            > That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year
            - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and
            everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.

            > YiS,
            > Jamie Niss Dunn
          • Warren Kraft
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
              Tonight, I lead a roundtable on the annual planning conference. It is an effort to condense a half day training session that my good friends in Gamehaven Council (Rochester MN) shared with me a few years back, into about 45 minutes.

              It is heavy on Boy Scout planning and i added the Cub Scout piece when we did a district presentation about four years ago. However, tonight I want to add the Venture Crew component.

              There are the basic components we've stressed in the past

              lDo your homework
              lGet Patrol Input
              lConduct the annual planning conference
              lGet Troop Committee approval
              lInform everyone

              And, we've referenced the Troop Program Features or the Cub Scout monthly themes and related resources. Are there any similar materials at the Crew level?

              With only 45 minutes or so, I can hold these adults just so long, so by necessity, it is a broad brush approach, more like an introduction to the annual planning process.

              Wisdom of the group is most assuredly appreciated. And for those who also are on SCOUTS-L, you will see a cross post shortly. Sorry for wasting your bandwidth but I try to cast as wide a net as possible.

              Many thanks for your help

              Yours In Scouting,
              wpkraft, Chaplain
              Twin Lakes District, Bay-Lakes Council
              Troop 615, Oshkosh
              http://www.troop615.0catch.com
              Bobwhite, C-09-02

              I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
              I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.

              Abraham Lincoln

            • Brian Sutilla
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
                Ruth and all,

                In the past few years, the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines
                (CSOPG) has been published in the "Pack Annual Program Packet."
                Councils usually receive these in April or May (usually closer to May,
                as we cross our fingers that they come before our program kickoffs).
                I did check BSA Info, to see if they had posted it...the 07-08 is the
                only one up their too.

                Looking at the Guide to Safe Scouting's Update page is a good clue if
                the CSOPG will be updated or not...The only updates currently listed
                there are on Transportation and Caving. SO...I would say it is a
                pretty safe bet right now that their won't be any major changes to the
                CSOPG.

                Now, thats not to say that there might be. We can only train with the
                information we currently have.

                Yours in Scouting,
                Brian Sutilla
                Senior District Executive
                Council Training Staff Advisor

                "Ken" <krtodd@...> wrote:

                > What is on the web site, 07-08, is the appropriate document for the
                > current program year. They do not usually make next year's Guidelines
                > available until around the Annual Meeting in May.
                >
                > Yours in Scouting,
                > Ken
                >
                > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@> wrote:
                > >
                > > That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year
                > - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and
                > everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.
                > >

                > > YiS,
                > > Jamie Niss Dunn

              • Ron and Ruth White
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 7, 2008
                  Greetings!

                  Thanks everyone! Guess I'll be photo copying the '07-08 edition (at least it is something!) for BALOO.

                  Say a prayer that our two major trainings tomorrow (BALOO and a junior leader training) will happen, as the weatherman currently isn't saying nice things!

                  Ruth White
                  Buckeye District Training Chair
                  Simon Kenton Council

                  To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.comFrom: spatula@...: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:01:41 +0000Subject: [Scouter_T] Re: CS Outdoor Program Guidelines

                  Ruth and all,In the past few years, the Cub Scout Outdoor Program Guidelines(CSOPG) has been published in the "Pack Annual Program Packet." Councils usually receive these in April or May (usually closer to May,as we cross our fingers that they come before our program kickoffs). I did check BSA Info, to see if they had posted it...the 07-08 is theonly one up their too.Looking at the Guide to Safe Scouting's Update page is a good clue ifthe CSOPG will be updated or not...The only updates currently listedthere are on Transportation and Caving. SO...I would say it is apretty safe bet right now that their won't be any major changes to theCSOPG.Now, thats not to say that there might be. We can only train with theinformation we currently have.Yours in Scouting,Brian SutillaSenior District ExecutiveCouncil Training Staff Advisor"Ken" <krtodd@...> wrote:>> What is on the web site, 07-08, is the appropriate document for the> current program year. They do not usually make next year's Guidelines> available until around the Annual Meeting in May.> > Yours in Scouting,> Ken> > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@> wrote:> >> > That's the 07-08. Ruth is looking for 08-09. This happens every year> - it takes a couple months for National to update the web site, and> everybody is looking for them to teach BALOO.> > > > > > YiS,> > Jamie Niss Dunn>