Re: Wilderness First Aid Training?

  • Ida Lively
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
      --- "Anna Sturdivant" <anna@...> wrote:

      > Training Experts, do you know of a good response to this question? I
      > know there is a Wilderness First Aid course at Philmont Training
      > Center in September, but that won't work for this unit's needs. Any
      > recommendations? How do you handle helping units in your districts
      > get training in Wilderness First Aid?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any responses!
      >
      > Anna Sturdivant
      > Arrowhead District Training Chair
      > Circle 10 Council, Dallas TX

      Anna,

      Hopefully you've found something to suit your Troop's needs. But,
      there are a fewoptions available.

      1) Contact your local American Red Cross agencies
      2) Search the internet for "Wilderness First Aid" training -- there
      are several 'for profit' groups that provide this training.

      My troop contacted local ARC people and finally settled with a SOLO
      (for profit) course about 3 hours away -- for a cost of $85/per
      person. When one of the people taking the course heard the cost, he
      contacted his local ARC (one that I had contacted w/ no response) and
      managed to get a $60/person course in our own backyard (20 miles away).

      Best of luck!

      Ida