Re: Venturing Leader Specific and NLE

  • Ryan
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1 4:21 PM
      I appreciate all of the responses I've gotten. It has been fun to
      learn what all of you do in various parts of the country.

      I forwarded on some of your outlines and suggestions to the district
      training chair and he thought they were interesting to see too. I
      hope it was ok that I forwarded some of your suggestions. I removed
      any personal information before I sent it.

      Here was what we decided to do. To my disappointment, the Venturing
      Leader Specific Training will be the only training offered that day
      that will go the full duration that is outlined in the syllabi. The
      Venturing training will start at 9:00 AM after NLE and we will be
      scheduled to end at 3:00 or sooner depending on how long we take for
      lunch.

      The Scoutmasters and Team Coaches have been asked to bring a can of
      chili to have a sort of pot luck lunch and the Venturing Advisors and
      other trainees will be asked to do the same.

      I've also found another person to assist in the training and so I hope
      that will be good. She previously did the training before I moved
      here, but was not able to 6 months ago and that was when I got
      involved. She has more experience in Boy Scouting than she does in
      Venturing and so I'm a little worried that the Venturing training she
      gives will have a Boy Scout flavor, but I will have to see how that
      goes. She and I are getting together a week before the training day
      and so hopefully she and I can coordinate how it will work then.

      The district training chairman and I have exchanged several long
      emails throughout this discussion and he wants to get together with me
      after the trainings are over and discuss going back to making the
      trainings the right length. Hopefully that will be the case.

      Again, I appreciate all of the input.

      Ryan
      Boise, ID