Re: [Scouter_T] Re: new CS Ldr Training

  • eagle9252
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 25 10:05 AM
      they did not say which year

      On 2/25/08, Herbert Dulzo <hadulzo@...> wrote:

      > Here we are at the end of February??
      >
      > Herb Dulzo
      > Chicago Area Council
      > -- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com <scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com>, "Sandra
      > Martens" <sandyowl1@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > here is the response I got from national about the new CS Ldr Spec
      > > course.
      > >
      > > Sandy owl
      > >
      > > The instructor-led Leader Specific Training was to indeed be out by
      > > the fall of 2007. Copy-editing and production of the syllabus and
      > > slides, as well as other projects in our Custom Communications
      > > Division has pushed our project back several times. I'm now told
      > that
      > > the finished project will be out the door by the end of February. I
      > am
      > > reviewing the final draft of the syllabus and slides this week. The
      > > Cub Scout Division will be sending a copy of the new training
      > syllabus
      > > and slides to every district in the country through the local
      > councils
      > > when it is launched.

    • Don Wilson
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 21, 2008
        The news on the updated CUB SCOUT LEADER POSITION-SPECIFIC TRAINING
        aside, I was interested in the next to last paragraph.

        As of January 1, 2008, all four courses are REQUIRED for the leader
        to be listed as trained and TRAINED patch can be worn. Have I missed
        something? Has any council Training Chair seen anything like that
        coming down the pike?

        What about the leaders that have completed NLE and CSPS in 2008?
        Will they have to be advised that FAST START and YOUTH PROTECTION are
        required for them to be qualified as TRAINED? Will leaders need to
        make changes in the Centennial Quality Unit Goals sheet?

        While there, we may as well accept that the same conditions will be
        required for Boy Scout leaders to be qualified as TRAINED.

        We all know how well "change" is accepted within the existing leader
        ranks. Leaders that have not gotten around to attending NLE and CSPS
        are likely to bristle in response to the change.

        Don Wilson
        OHC 427

        -- Success is not the destination, it is the journey.