Re: [Scouter_T] Cronk's Challenge

  • bill smith
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 10, 2008
      Cronk's Challenge has been a sad disappointment. After all the
      fanfare last May just about nothing has seemed to happen since.

      There has been practically no follow up from then, on. A couple lines
      in Scouting Magazine, buried in an article about the National Meeting
      and an oblique reference by Ted Rohling on National's CS podcast.
      Ted was introduced as the National CS Committee's point man on
      the whole Cronk effort.

      Since then we have heard the rumors about a theory that lack that
      advancement is now thought to be the major cause of Cub Scout
      drop outs. I wonder if this may be a symptom of internecine warfare
      going on between members of the National Cub Scout Committee
      (the vols) and the National Cub Cub Scout Division (the pros).

      Anyway it's certainly a slap in the face of the BSA president.

      --

      bill smith
      Cascade Pacific Council

      Michael N. Kazarinoff wrote:

      > Has anyone heard anything more since early summer 2007 on the progress
      > of Cronk's Challenge to train a high proportion of Cub Scout Leaders?
      > Although I am on the e-mail list there has been no communication (from
      > National). We have folks in our Council who followed through with their
      > part of the challenge and are now asking for the recognition items that
      > were promised. Anyone hear anything about neckerchiefs etc.??

    • Joe Parajecki
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 10, 2008
        I have an email in to the person handling it at National. I'll let you know
        what they say when I get a response

        _____

        Has anyone heard anything more since early summer 2007 on the progress
        of Cronk's Challenge to train a high proportion of Cub Scout Leaders?
        Although I am on the e-mail list there has been no communication (from
        National). We have folks in our Council who followed through with their
        part of the challenge and are now asking for the recognition items that
        were promised. Anyone hear anything about neckerchiefs etc.??
        --
        / Yours in Scouting,
        Michael

        Michael N. Kazarinoff
        Baden-Powell Council VP Program
        Baden-Powell Council Wood Badge Coordinator
        Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 4 Ithaca NY
        NE-III-134-29
        Ithaca, NY 14850-1720
        Home: 111 Randolph Rd. (607) 257-4026
        Work: 230 Savage Hall, Cornell University 14853-6301
        (607) 255-2680 Fax: (607) 255-1033
        Cell: (607) 592-8241
        E-Mail: mnk1@cornell. <mailto:mnk1%40cornell.edu> edu
        ^ ^