NLE Syllabus

  • Dan Hammond, Sr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2008
      NLE can be consistently covered in the 90 minutes the syllabus specifies. There are only a couple of places where the syllabus directs the trainer to include local specifics.

      Of course as with any BSA syllabus, you have to move right along. The most inflexible part of NLE are the vidoes. Short intro, video, short summary, move on is the process.

      As with any BSA training I deliver, or that I have others deliver, there are two rules I try to firmly enforce:
      1. Stick to the Syllabus
      2. Stay on time.

      Rule 1 means "no war stories, and no trips outside the subject for more than 15 seconds at a time." Rule 2 means that my time as a traine r is valuable, the time of the patricipants is even more valuable. Don't waste it by violating rule 1.

      Daniel D. Hammond, Sr. MA(HRD)
      Leavenworth, KS, Army Major(Ret), Overtrained Scout Leader,
      Kaw District Training Chairman, NRA Life Member
      CM P3001, SM T366
      |<--W-W-W--<<<| Mic-O-Say HW "Big Quick Steel"
      I Used to be an Owl... (W-CS-44)
      And a good old staffer too (C-34-04) (C-38-06)

      Cheerful Service; because it's the right thing to do

      Be a better friend, newshound, and