Re: [Scouter_T] NLE syllabus

  • Frank Maynard
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
      It takes us about two hours without rushing through things. My schedule
      is to try for 1 hr 45 min. (My ultimate goal is to keep it to 0 hr 0
      min....)

      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
      Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council
    • Robert Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
        As others have said, the syllabus indicates it takes 90 minutes. I'm not
        sure how, but we did manage to keep it in 90 minutes once. :-) I try to
        spend a few extra minutes on our council's Tour Permit policy and G2SS stuff
        during NLE. Since every level of leadership takes NLE, it provides a good
        way to communicate a consistent explanation of these important items.
        Otherwise, the descriptions may vary, especially with the description of
        when a Tour Permit permit is required. So, our NLE courses take about two
        hours.

        Robert

        On Feb 6, 2008 5:05 PM, John Halter <john@...> wrote:

        > I haven't seen or taught NLE for a couple of years, but I'm looking at a
        > schedule that has it from 9am to noon. I thought NLE was about an hour
        > and
        > a half. Can someone confirm that?
        >

        > Thank you,
        >
        > John Halter
        > District Commissioner
        > Wekiwa District
        > Central FL Council, B.S.A.

      • David Brown
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
          We had a Training Chair that could take 50 min on the first point in the
          syllabus.. Tour Permits and the like we cover in Job Specifics..

          _____

          I haven't seen or taught NLE for a couple of years, but I'm looking at a
          schedule that has it from 9am to noon. I thought NLE was about an hour and
          a half. Can someone confirm that?

          Thank you,

          John Halter
          District Commissioner