NLE syllabus

  • John Halter
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
      I haven't seen or taught NLE for a couple of years, but I'm looking at a
      schedule that has it from 9am to noon. I thought NLE was about an hour and
      a half. Can someone confirm that?

      Thank you,

      John Halter
      District Commissioner
      Wekiwa District
      Central FL Council, B.S.A.
      <http://www.wekiwa.cfcbsa.org> www.wekiwa.cfcbsa.org
      "PackDude" at <http://www.Scoutboard.com> www.Scoutboard.com
      ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442

    • Jamie Niss Dunn
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
        Yes - NLE is 1.5 hours if you hew *very* strictly to the syllabus. We find it takes us 1.45 hrs (sometimes 2 if I talk too much), but three is awfully long.

        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
        3 Rivers District
        Scouting. Good for Life.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
          I thought NLE was only an hour & a half per the syllabus.
          Laura

        • Stephen Gallagher
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
            If run in depth 3hours is the norm. remember the mind can only absorb as
            long as the derriere can endure.

            Stephen R. Gallagher

            Lovewell Mountain Regalia

            70 Heritage Ave. Suite 8

            Portsmouth NH 03801

            603-433-4288

            603-431-5337 (fax)

            _____

            <http://www.wekiwa <http://www.wekiwa.cfcbsa.org> cfcbsa.org>
            www.wekiwa.cfcbsa.org
            "PackDude" at <http://www.Scoutboa <http://www.Scoutboard.com> rd.com>
            www.Scoutboard.com
            ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442

          • Brant Lippincott
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
              I schedule it for 1 3/4 hours.... We, too, tend to talk a little long.

              We schedule a "live" YPT at 8:30 and NLE for 10:00. We are done by 11:45, so that might be how someone could get to 3 hours.

              I have NO idea of how NLE could get dragged out to three hours.

              Brant Lippincott
              Cub Training Chair

              Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

              Yes - NLE is 1.5 hours if you hew *very* strictly to the syllabus. We find it takes us 1.45 hrs (sometimes 2 if I talk too much), but three is awfully long.

              Pack Trainer, Pack 512
              Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
              Cub Scout Training Coordinator
              Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
              3 Rivers District
              Scouting. Good for Life.
              I haven't seen or taught NLE for a couple of years, but I'm looking at a
              schedule that has it from 9am to noon. I thought NLE was about an hour and
              a half. Can someone confirm that?

              Thank you,

              John Halter
              District Commissioner
              Wekiwa District
              Central FL Council, B.S.A.
              www.wekiwa.cfcbsa.org
              "PackDude" at www.Scoutboard.com
              ...and a good 'ol Bobwhite too! SR442

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Frank Maynard
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
                It takes us about two hours without rushing through things. My schedule
                is to try for 1 hr 45 min. (My ultimate goal is to keep it to 0 hr 0
                min....)

                Frank Maynard, NF8M
                CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
                Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council
              • Robert Wilson
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
                  As others have said, the syllabus indicates it takes 90 minutes. I'm not
                  sure how, but we did manage to keep it in 90 minutes once. :-) I try to
                  spend a few extra minutes on our council's Tour Permit policy and G2SS stuff
                  during NLE. Since every level of leadership takes NLE, it provides a good
                  way to communicate a consistent explanation of these important items.
                  Otherwise, the descriptions may vary, especially with the description of
                  when a Tour Permit permit is required. So, our NLE courses take about two
                  hours.

                  Robert

                  On Feb 6, 2008 5:05 PM, John Halter <john@...> wrote:

                  > I haven't seen or taught NLE for a couple of years, but I'm looking at a
                  > schedule that has it from 9am to noon. I thought NLE was about an hour
                  > and
                  > a half. Can someone confirm that?
                  >

                  > Thank you,
                  >
                  > John Halter
                  > District Commissioner
                  > Wekiwa District
                  > Central FL Council, B.S.A.

                • David Brown
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
                    We had a Training Chair that could take 50 min on the first point in the
                    syllabus.. Tour Permits and the like we cover in Job Specifics..

                    _____