Re: Advice for training awards and recognition

  • jimzhowse
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2008
      > I have a number of trainers (Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture) I
      need
      > to recognize at our upcoming awards banquet

      Anna,

      I don't know how "formal" your banquets are, but ours have been
      pretty laid back in the past. If your Trainers aren't above a
      little silliness, you can get a package of big kids' potty training
      pants and write on each one "Official Training Pants." I have a few
      silly awards like this (not training pants, though) that mean more
      than many of the Thank You certificates I have received. I do
      appreciate the certificates but the others represent a little extra
      thought and caring behind them. It sounds like that's what you're
      going for.

      Hope it helps. Good Luck and have FUN!!!

      Jim
    • tbird558trng
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
        > For the Venturing Traniers, you might consider getting them a
        Venturing Training knot on their Green Background<

        The requirements for earning this award can be found here:
        http://www.scouting.org/venturing/support/resources/pdf/25-856.pdf

        YIV,
        Jim