Re: Advice for training awards and recognition

  • Willis Madden
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
      For the Venturing Traniers, you might consider getting them a Venturing
      Training knot on their Green Background

      ( http://www.sageventure.com/store/knots.html
      <http://www.sageventure.com/store/knots.html>

      or

      http://cgi.ebay.com/Training-Award-Square-Knot-Choice-of-Backgrounds_W0Q\
      QitemZ170169517885QQihZ007QQcategoryZ13886QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
      <http://cgi.ebay.com/Training-Award-Square-Knot-Choice-of-Backgrounds_W0\
      QQitemZ170169517885QQihZ007QQcategoryZ13886QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem> )

      There is a knot for the Pack Trainer for Cub Scouts. Not sure if they
      have it already, and the USSP site says there's a 2 yr tenure
      requirement.

      I had heard that there was a Unit trainER award know for BS and
      Venturing, but haven't seen it. It may be one of the 'private issue'
      (made up) knots, but still, I havent seen it/them yet.

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Anna Sturdivant" <anna@...> wrote:

      > I have a number of trainers (Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture) I need
      > to recognize at our upcoming awards banquet (OK, it's on January 19,
      so
      > I'm giving you short notice). I was wondering if you have any (easy)
      > ideas for recognition. I considered the engraved name badges, but our
      > district is preparing to divide due to growth, and I am hesitant to
      use
      > the current district name, which is likely to be going away. I need to
      > keep the cost down as well, since there are a number of people who've
      > been involved.
      >
      > Do you have any ideas for what I might do? If not, I may have to fall
      > back to a certificate in a frame...
      >
      > Thank you for your help!
      >
      > Anna Sturdivant
      > Arrowhead District, Circle Ten Council

    • jimzhowse
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2008
        > I have a number of trainers (Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture) I
        need
        > to recognize at our upcoming awards banquet

        Anna,

        I don't know how "formal" your banquets are, but ours have been
        pretty laid back in the past. If your Trainers aren't above a
        little silliness, you can get a package of big kids' potty training
        pants and write on each one "Official Training Pants." I have a few
        silly awards like this (not training pants, though) that mean more
        than many of the Thank You certificates I have received. I do
        appreciate the certificates but the others represent a little extra
        thought and caring behind them. It sounds like that's what you're
        going for.

        Hope it helps. Good Luck and have FUN!!!

        Jim
      • tbird558trng
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
          > For the Venturing Traniers, you might consider getting them a
          Venturing Training knot on their Green Background<

          The requirements for earning this award can be found here:
          http://www.scouting.org/venturing/support/resources/pdf/25-856.pdf

          YIV,
          Jim