Advice for training awards and recognition

  • Anna Sturdivant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2008
      I have a number of trainers (Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture) I need
      to recognize at our upcoming awards banquet (OK, it's on January 19, so
      I'm giving you short notice). I was wondering if you have any (easy)
      ideas for recognition. I considered the engraved name badges, but our
      district is preparing to divide due to growth, and I am hesitant to use
      the current district name, which is likely to be going away. I need to
      keep the cost down as well, since there are a number of people who've
      been involved.

      Do you have any ideas for what I might do? If not, I may have to fall
      back to a certificate in a frame...

      Thank you for your help!

      Anna Sturdivant
      Arrowhead District, Circle Ten Council
    • Willis Madden
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
        For the Venturing Traniers, you might consider getting them a Venturing
        Training knot on their Green Background

        ( http://www.sageventure.com/store/knots.html
        <http://www.sageventure.com/store/knots.html>

        or

        http://cgi.ebay.com/Training-Award-Square-Knot-Choice-of-Backgrounds_W0Q\
        QitemZ170169517885QQihZ007QQcategoryZ13886QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
        <http://cgi.ebay.com/Training-Award-Square-Knot-Choice-of-Backgrounds_W0\
        QQitemZ170169517885QQihZ007QQcategoryZ13886QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem> )

        There is a knot for the Pack Trainer for Cub Scouts. Not sure if they
        have it already, and the USSP site says there's a 2 yr tenure
        requirement.

        I had heard that there was a Unit trainER award know for BS and
        Venturing, but haven't seen it. It may be one of the 'private issue'
        (made up) knots, but still, I havent seen it/them yet.

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Anna Sturdivant" <anna@...> wrote:

        > I have a number of trainers (Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture) I need
        > to recognize at our upcoming awards banquet (OK, it's on January 19,
        so
        > I'm giving you short notice). I was wondering if you have any (easy)
        > ideas for recognition. I considered the engraved name badges, but our
        > district is preparing to divide due to growth, and I am hesitant to
        use
        > the current district name, which is likely to be going away. I need to
        > keep the cost down as well, since there are a number of people who've
        > been involved.
        >
        > Do you have any ideas for what I might do? If not, I may have to fall
        > back to a certificate in a frame...
        >
        > Thank you for your help!
        >
        > Anna Sturdivant
        > Arrowhead District, Circle Ten Council

      • jimzhowse
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2008
          > I have a number of trainers (Cub Scout, Boy Scout and Venture) I
          need
          > to recognize at our upcoming awards banquet

          Anna,

          I don't know how "formal" your banquets are, but ours have been
          pretty laid back in the past. If your Trainers aren't above a
          little silliness, you can get a package of big kids' potty training
          pants and write on each one "Official Training Pants." I have a few
          silly awards like this (not training pants, though) that mean more
          than many of the Thank You certificates I have received. I do
          appreciate the certificates but the others represent a little extra
          thought and caring behind them. It sounds like that's what you're
          going for.

          Hope it helps. Good Luck and have FUN!!!

          Jim
        • tbird558trng
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
            > For the Venturing Traniers, you might consider getting them a
            Venturing Training knot on their Green Background<

            The requirements for earning this award can be found here:
            http://www.scouting.org/venturing/support/resources/pdf/25-856.pdf

            YIV,
            Jim