Re: [Scouter_T] BSA Copyright

  • eagle9252
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2008
      bsa can never trademark the fleur-de-lis but with the over lay of the eagle
      yes they can and are

      classb can make the fleur-de-lis scout shirts but not with the eagle
      overlay

> [...]

    • Sean Scott
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2008
        ClassB.com is a licensed BSA vendor according to BSA's licensing web
        site, so actually they can.

        On Jan 1, 2008, at 1:36 PM, eagle9252 wrote:

        > classb can make the fleur-de-lis scout shirts but not with the eagle
        > overlay

      • eagle9252
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2008
          just a quote from our DE

          but if soi wonder would the rice f the shirts go up

          On 1/1/08, Sean Scott <sscott@...> wrote:

          > ClassB.com is a licensed BSA vendor according to BSA's licensing web
          > site, so actually they can.
          >
          > On Jan 1, 2008, at 1:36 PM, eagle9252 wrote:
          >
          > > classb can make the fleur-de-lis scout shirts but not with the eagle
          > > overlay

        • Stephen Gallagher
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 3, 2008
            You are correct wtih most of what you have written! the copy right laws are very stringent, however a gift and no profit are where you need to be corrected. there is nothing stopping the creation and gifting of an item that falls under the copyright laws. This is considered freedom of speech. however if you charge in any way for the item then they can take all you have.

            Stephen Gallagher
            Scoutmaster: T-164
            Portsmouth NH

            Owner: Lovewell Mountain Regalia
            www.lovewellmtn.com

            Not yet licensed but working on it!

            Don Wilson <don-wilson@...> wrote:
            Actually, it is worse than that. Now items that have any part of the
            BSA logo, words or word grouping protected by Copywrite, may be
            purchased only only from an authorized vendor, and most councils are
            establishing a policy that purchase of all items must go through the
            council office. Yep, that means patches, too.

            If you carry this far enough, one could not design a "T" shirt on
            their personal computer that includes any of the items protected by
            copywrite, and give the shirts away without incurring stiff
            penalties. Remember the trouble that crafters had when they used
            Mickey Mouse and Tweetie Bird on shirts?

            Don Wilson--
            "There are only four kinds of people in the world:
            Those who have been caregivers;
            Those who are currently caregivers;
            Those who will be caregivers; and
            Those who will need caregivers."
            Rosalynn Carter

          • Stephen Gallagher
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 3, 2008
              They can only reproduce with the eagle if that was in tehir marketing plan they forwarded with their licensing application. Licensure with BSA is not for everything you have to have a seperate plan for what you are going to embellish!

              The process sucks Trust me.

              Stephen Gallagher
              www.lovewellmtn.com