OLC

  • joedet
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
      With MyScouting (Scoutnet) now up and running what is going on with OLC

      It seems I registered ok but every training I took in the OLC is now reading
      in yellow as not taken.
      I wonder if anyone has seen this yet?

      joedet

    • Marian McQuaid
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
        It appears that NOTHING carried over. The training is recorded in Scoutnet,
        but not MyScouting.

        Go figure.

        Marian Mcquaid
        Dist. Training Chair
        Great Blue Hill District
        Boston Minuteman Council

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
          I'm in the same boat. I have entered my member # in both places, but MyScouting, can't seem to tie me to the courses I finished in the OLC prior to MyScouting going live. I have retaken some things through the MyScouting interface, and those show up as completed.

          I would think that the info that's in the database from the OLC would transfer into the MyScouting interface, but maybe I'm expecting to much. It is ScoutNet after all. :-)

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
            Same happened to me, but another trainer in my council said hers is showing
            in MyScouting.

            {{sigh}}

            Teresa Hall
            Vulcan District Cub Training Coordinator
            SR-889 SM
            Greater AL

            On 12/4/07, JNDunnMN@... <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:

            > I'm in the same boat. I have entered my member # in both places, but
            > MyScouting, can't seem to tie me to the courses I finished in the OLC prior
            > to MyScouting going live. I have retaken some things through the MyScouting
            > interface, and those show up as completed.
            >

            > I would think that the info that's in the database from the OLC would
            > transfer into the MyScouting interface, but maybe I'm expecting to much. It
            > is ScoutNet after all. :-)
            >

            > Jamie Niss Dunn

          • rjays6
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
              Thought I missed the anouncement of the new MyScouting OLC when I
              was checking a training yesterday and was redirected. Maybe all the
              bugs aren't out yet - thus no press.

              All but one of my trainings has been updated correctly.

              Ruth White
              Buckeye District Training Chair
              Simon Kenton Council
            • scoutinglady
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 7, 2007
                Since I'm District Training Chair, I figured I needed to check the My
                Scouting out so I could tell folks how it works for training. All my
                completed training was there. The only thing showing yellow is the
                Venturing YPT and that isn't even available yet.
                Kris
                Winnsboro TX
              • Willis Madden
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 26, 2007
                  Did anyone ever find out if there was any resolution to the issues with
                  MyScouting?

                  I know that some folks had their completed training from the OLC site
                  showing up in the new MyScouting site, but some (like me) aren't showing
                  any training taken for modules that they've completed in the OLC.
                  Anyone have any info on this?

                • JNDunnMN@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 26, 2007
                    There's been a message on my council web site for several days referring to problems. I am currently unable to log in, but that might be user error. They have posted a help # and e-mail address on the page, apparently there are log in issues.