Re: [Scouter_T] materials for training

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2007
      We issue the appropriate leader handbooks - so Tiger/Wof/Bear leaders, Cubmasters & Cub Committee people get the Cub Scout Leader Book. Webelos leaders get the Webelos Leader Guide. Troop Committe members - the Troop Committe Guide Book, Scoutmasters -?the Scoutmaster Handbook, Venturing Leaders (advisors and youth) get the Venturing leader manual.

      Everyone also receives a current copy of the Guide to Safe Scouting, and the council calendar, which is a pamphlet with many national and local forms in addition to the calendar.

      As far as handouts, we limit ourselves to those? specified in each syllabus. We do not reproduce any forms that are in the pertinent leader books.

      I believe the CM specific session runs 2 hours 35 minutes.

      Pack Trainer, Pack 512

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2007
        each council is different. Some councils give no books and offer their training for little or nothing.
        our council gives the following-
        CS ldrs (ex Webelos)- leader book and program helps (costs $15)
        Webelos- leader book and Webelos ldr guide (costs $18)
        Trp Comm- Trp Comm Handbook (cost $10)
        SM- SM handbook, all 4 parts of the resources series (training costs $45)
        den chiefs- den chief handbook plus den chief kit per syllabus ($10)
        BALOO and OWL- cd created by us with lots of stuff, tons of free stuff from the DNR ($15)includes kringle and coffee, supper, and the tons of shotskees (?) we give them like rubber bugs, dinosaurs, etc, and the supplies we need- rope, etc

        training cost includes handouts as specified, snack, and supplies the trainer might need.

        Sandy OWL