Re: [Scouter_T] cub scout leader training

  • JNDunnMN@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2007
      THere is no prescribed order. While it would be helpful to have had position specific training (especially for Cubmasters & Committee Chairs, in this case), it is possible to take BALOO without having had *any* previous training

    • bill smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2007
        I was told that we should advise people to take Leader
        Specific before New Leader Essentials. It seems that
        knowing their job is more essential than the "Essentials."

        bill smith
        tampa fl.

        jschulman139 wrote:

        > is there any particular order in which the Cub Scout leader training
        > is to be taken., ie, can Baloo training take place before Cub Scout
        > Leader Specific.
        > We have many people who have taken New Leader Essentials and they wish
        > to go outsdie of our council and take Baloo before Cub Scout Specific
        > is given in our council.

      • John Halter
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2007
          It has been mentioned here in recent months that the updated training
          syllabus' due any time now actually have this change incorporated in
          them. Hopefully the time line for the new basic training syllabus is
          shorter than the time it took to get the new Cub RT training syllabus. ;- )

          Thank you,

          John Halter
          District Commissioner
          Wekiwa District