New Cub Scout Leader Specific

  • Elaine D. Boyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2007
      Greetings!

      Now that my fall training schedule is just about complete, I am interested in getting more information on the new Cub Scout Leader Specific training syllabus that is supposed to be available. This list group has been really quiet on this topic.

      Has anyone seen the new syllabus yet? Any new information would be greatly appreciated!

      I have a meeting tonight with all the other training chairs in my council, along with all the DE's and the Council Program Director. The main topic of discussion will be the lack of council training records for registered leaders. If there is a new syllabus kicking around - tonight's meeting would be a good time to ask the question as to why we have not received it yet.

      Thanks!

      Yours in Scouting,

      ~Elaine Boyd
      Abanki District Cub Scout Training Chair
      Daniel Webster Council ~ NH
      I used to be a Bear and a good old Staffer too!

    • Jamie Dunn
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2007
        Elaine - the latest I have heard on this was this month's CubCast, where Sam Thompson, the director of the Cub Scout division indicated it was "being finalized". So I don't think we'll be seeing anything for a month or two.

        And welcome to the training records moaning/whining club! Can? everyone give a big? virtual empathy hug to the Daniel Webster Council?

        Pack Trainer, Pack 512
        Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
        Cub Scout Training Coordinator
        Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner