RE: [Scouter_T] Campfires

  • Don Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
      Yes, Pat, I am from North Carolina. Actually live in Germanton, on
      the edge of Forsyth County. Winston-Salem, also in Forsyth County,
      is the home of Old Hickory Council, #427.

      I checked with our local Forest Ranger and found that the post that I
      passed on was for coverage in North Caroline. Until very recently,
      the generally accepted definition of the "Burning Ban" allowed fires
      for cooking or heat. As you read, the lawyer representing the NCDNR
      thought that the ban needed to be more explicit.

      Don Wilson
      OHC 427--
      "There are only four kinds of people in the world:
      Those who have been caregivers;
      Those who are currently caregivers;
      Those who will be caregivers; and
      Those who will need caregivers."