Teaching Proper Planning - open fires is a great example

  • Walter and Pat Shaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2007
      When we teach Proper Planning (which Prevents Pitiful Poor Performance) the
      example of current burn bans is a great example. We need to check the
      current regulations of not only the state where we will be camping, but any
      specific local restrictions. If we are camping in a state or national park,
      that park may well have more restrictive regulations than the surrounding
      state.

      I know that both BALOO and OLS teach planning, and this is a great example
      for them to visualize the importance of all the applicable rules.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Pat Shaw

      ASM, Troop 69

      Birmingham, AL