Re: Nationally Authorized Syllabi Only

  • Kris Swank
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2007
      I agree with Frank. Last night we had a Cub Leader Specific training and
      while we covered the syllabus with very few questions,
      there were so many questions of a practical nature....How do I do this?
      Where can I find that? Who can help me get new ideas?
      What are ways to help the boys behave? etc. If I couldn't answer those
      questions or have the group discuss them and how they
      deal with the questions I think we would be doing a disservice to all
      the new leaders out there. I think the leaders come to get trained to
      be shown how to do it...the learn by doing process. The learn by doing
      is found in other training courses why not here as well. I would
      like to know more about your PADLE program It sounds like it would help
      meet the expectations and needs of new Cub leaders beyond
      what is in the syllabus.

      YIS,
      K. Swank
      Adv. Crew 42, Tyler TX