Training description

  • fox 704
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2001
      Does anyone have a description listing of all of the new trainings being
      offered this next program year? - New Leader Essentials, Trainers
      Development Conference, Job Specific trainings, BALOO, Wood Badge, ... If so
      - please email me at fox704@.... I am putting together a new
      training flyer for our council and need the new descriptions.

      Thanks much.

      YIS
      Laura
      fox704@...
      EC-CS-19 buffalo, C-30L-97 fox, C-CS-7 Eagle Den Counselor
      Pathfinder District Cub Training Chair
      Assistant Council Comm'r of Roundtable

    • CubBobwhite
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2001
        From: "fox 704" <fox704@...>

        > Does anyone have a description listing of all of the new trainings being
        > offered this next program year?

        This is the break down of the new training continuum:

        New Leader Essentials - The first stage of the Boy Scouts of America's basic
        training program and is designed for all new adult leaders entering the BSA.

        Cub Scout Leader Specific Training - Part of the Boy Scouts of America's
        basic training program. The specific training sessions are:
        · Tiger Cub Den Leaders
        · Cub Scout Den Leaders
        · Webelos Den Leaders
        · Cubmasters and Assistant Cubmasters
        · Pack Committee Members

        BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation) - Designed to introduce Cub
        Scout leaders to the newly expanded opportunities for pack overnight
        camping. It covers everything you need to know to plan and run a pack
        overnighter. It's more than just camping-it includes ideas for outdoor
        activities, games and ceremonies; information on selecting and using camping
        equipment; how to run a campfire program; and hands-on Cub Scout cooking
        demonstrations. (Webelos Leader Outdoor Training is still to be conducted)

        Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Specific Training - Part of the Boy
        Scouts of America's basic training program. The specific training sessions
        are:
        · Getting Started: The Role of the Scoutmaster in a Boy-Led Troop
        · Lighting the Fire: The Outdoor Program and the Advancement Program
        · Keeping it Going: Program Planning and Troop Administration

        Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills - A hands-on program gives adult
        leaders the practical outdoor skills they need to lead Scouts in the
        out-of-doors.

        The Troop Committee Challenge training - For Boy Scout troop committees has
        been developed to help troop committee members better understand their roles
        and responsibilities. Through hands-on learning, this training will also
        enable troop committee members to better deliver the promise in support of
        the troop, Scoutmaster, and Scouts.

        Venturing Leader Training - This syllabus has not changed.

        --------
        Leslie Herman
        http://powwow-online.com
        CubBobwhite (EC-CS-19)
        ScoutBuffalo (C-33-98)
        Council Training Chairman
        Blue Water Council - Port Huron, Michigan