Re: Cronk's Challenge

  • Gerry Moon
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 25, 2007
      As a challenge to the Packs in my home District, as Cub Training
      Chair, I offered myself as incentive to any unit currently not having
      100% trained leaders presently and hitting that level by the end of
      the year - for whatever purpose they choose - put me in a dunk tank,
      target for a pie throwing session, kiss a pig, whatever...

      If I get ONE unit not at 100% trained up to that level, we have made
      some good progress and set the example for other units.

      Gerry Moon
      Orlando, FL

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Darleen Jeske <darleen.jeske@...>

      ****************
      > This communication is intended solely for the addressee and is
      > confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any
      disclosure,
      > copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
      > reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Unless indicated
      > to the contrary: it does not constitute professional advice or
      > opinions upon which reliance may be made by the addressee or any
      > other party, and it should be considered to be a work in progress.

    • scott robertson
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 25, 2007
        Wow what a great challenge. I wish this council would do more to support
        the program and play less number games (recruiting and money). By the
        way me picks up a v virtual ball and throws it at the virtual dunking
        tank and waits to see if I hit the target and someone makes a big
        splash. Good luck all, get as many people trained as you can that alone
        will make a big splash and lots of young peoples lives.

        Scott Robertson
        http://insanescouter.org
      • Michael N. Kazarinoff
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 10, 2008
          Has anyone heard anything more since early summer 2007 on the progress
          of Cronk's Challenge to train a high proportion of Cub Scout Leaders?
          Although I am on the e-mail list there has been no communication (from
          National). We have folks in our Council who followed through with their
          part of the challenge and are now asking for the recognition items that
          were promised. Anyone hear anything about neckerchiefs etc.??
          --
          / Yours in Scouting,
          Michael

          Michael N. Kazarinoff
          Baden-Powell Council VP Program
          Baden-Powell Council Wood Badge Coordinator
          Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 4 Ithaca NY
          NE-III-134-29
          Ithaca, NY 14850-1720
          Home: 111 Randolph Rd. (607) 257-4026
          Work: 230 Savage Hall, Cornell University 14853-6301
          (607) 255-2680 Fax: (607) 255-1033
          Cell: (607) 592-8241
          E-Mail: mnk1@...
          ^ ^
          (O O)
          |_ >_| /

        • bill smith
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 10, 2008
            Cronk's Challenge has been a sad disappointment. After all the
            fanfare last May just about nothing has seemed to happen since.

            There has been practically no follow up from then, on. A couple lines
            in Scouting Magazine, buried in an article about the National Meeting
            and an oblique reference by Ted Rohling on National's CS podcast.
            Ted was introduced as the National CS Committee's point man on
            the whole Cronk effort.

            Since then we have heard the rumors about a theory that lack that
            advancement is now thought to be the major cause of Cub Scout
            drop outs. I wonder if this may be a symptom of internecine warfare
            going on between members of the National Cub Scout Committee
            (the vols) and the National Cub Cub Scout Division (the pros).

            Anyway it's certainly a slap in the face of the BSA president.

            --

            bill smith
            Cascade Pacific Council

            Michael N. Kazarinoff wrote:

            > Has anyone heard anything more since early summer 2007 on the progress
            > of Cronk's Challenge to train a high proportion of Cub Scout Leaders?
            > Although I am on the e-mail list there has been no communication (from
            > National). We have folks in our Council who followed through with their
            > part of the challenge and are now asking for the recognition items that
            > were promised. Anyone hear anything about neckerchiefs etc.??

          • Joe Parajecki
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 10, 2008
              I have an email in to the person handling it at National. I'll let you know
              what they say when I get a response

              _____

[...]

              E-Mail: mnk1@cornell. <mailto:mnk1%40cornell.edu> edu
              ^ ^