Re: [Scouter_T] Looking for Help

  • Signe Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2001
      In our council, the council advancement chair committee conducts yearly training workshops for the district advancement chairs to educate about what is expected on both these issues.

      Signe Rogers
      Quivira Council
      Venturing Training Chair

      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2001
        > From: Judy Yeager
        > Subject: [Scouter_T] Looking for Help
        >
        > 2. How do you conduct Merit Badge Counselor training?

        Interesting question, I wondered about this when I signed up to
        be a counselor and found that there was none (at least not in
        my council). I suggested they add such a course to our POWWOW
        and they did. I took the session but it was really only a
        discussion with the instructor and the attendees. It did help
        somewhat but wasn't exactly what I expected. I don't know if
        it lasted more than the one year. They did hand out a BS
        publication which does give out the ground rules. Don't have
        it on hand, but I'm sure someone can get you the pub # if you
        don't have it.

        Pete

        > Any help or suggestions you can offer will be really appreciated.
        >
        > Judy Yeager
        > SFT District Training Chair (for approximately 55 more days!)

        Does this mean you've found your replacement?
        In my district they say you can't leave until you've
        done this..

        ;-)

        Pete Mullaney
        Training Staff