Looking for Help

  • Judy Yeager
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2001
      Trainers -

      We are in the process of dividing one giant district into four smaller
      districts. We have held a series of "fireside chats" in an effort to
      get more people involved in the process of building a district to fit
      everyone's needs.

      We have identified some weaknesses in the old larger district that we
      would like to correct. I would like to know how your district addresses
      these issues.

      1. There seems to be no training of any sort for the District
      Representatives who "host" Eagle Boards of Review. Because of this lack
      of direction, there is a total lack of consistency in these BOR's,
      dependent upon which representative is hosting. Can anyone help us out?

      2. How do you conduct Merit Badge Counselor training?

      Any help or suggestions you can offer will be really appreciated.

      Judy Yeager
      SFT District Training Chair (for approximately 55 more days!)
    • Signe Rogers
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2001
        In our council, the council advancement chair committee conducts yearly training workshops for the district advancement chairs to educate about what is expected on both these issues.

        Signe Rogers
        Quivira Council
        Venturing Training Chair

        1. There seems to be no training of any sort for the District
        Representatives who "host" Eagle Boards of Review. Because of this lack
        of direction, there is a total lack of consistency in these BOR's,
        dependent upon which representative is hosting. Can anyone help us out?

        2. How do you conduct Merit Badge Counselor training?

      • Mullaney, Peter [AMSTA-AR-WES]
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2001
          > From: Judy Yeager
          > Subject: [Scouter_T] Looking for Help
          >
          > 2. How do you conduct Merit Badge Counselor training?

          Interesting question, I wondered about this when I signed up to
          be a counselor and found that there was none (at least not in
          my council). I suggested they add such a course to our POWWOW
          and they did. I took the session but it was really only a
          discussion with the instructor and the attendees. It did help
          somewhat but wasn't exactly what I expected. I don't know if
          it lasted more than the one year. They did hand out a BS
          publication which does give out the ground rules. Don't have
          it on hand, but I'm sure someone can get you the pub # if you
          don't have it.

          Pete

          > Any help or suggestions you can offer will be really appreciated.
          >
          > Judy Yeager
          > SFT District Training Chair (for approximately 55 more days!)

          Does this mean you've found your replacement?
          In my district they say you can't leave until you've
          done this..

          ;-)

          Pete Mullaney
          Training Staff