Re: New Cub Basic Training Program

  • Gerry Moon
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 11, 2007
      Frank, I've seen the same thing - last minute shows that push start
      times back. I have long thought that an ideal 13th point to the
      Scout Law should be "A Scout is Punctual" but I'm having trouble
      rallying support for it. :)

      Gerry Moon
      Orlando, FL

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Frank Maynard <scouter@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Fred Goodwin, CMA wrote:
      >
      > > If I could change anything about the current syllabus as a
      result of
      > > this continuing criticism, it would be to assume that no one has
      seen
      > > the Fast Start training, and simply begin each position-specific
      > > break-out with the Fast Start for that position.
      >
      > As long as we get set up in time (no technical glitches), I
      usually put on
      > the Fast Start tape as participants are gathering for NLE, so at
      least
      > they might catch a glimpse of it. Trouble is, most of our
      attendees
      > arrive at 8:59 (or later) for a 9:00 training. Last training, it
      was ten
      > minutes to go and no students yet.
      >
      > --
      > Yours in Scouting,
      > Frank Maynard, NF8M
      > CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
      > Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council
      > Trustee, WB8BSA ...and a good old Bobwhite too! (C-23-04)

    • Frank Maynard
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 13, 2007
        On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Gerry Moon wrote:

        > I've seen the same thing - last minute shows that push start times
        > back.

        A couple years ago I'd routinely wait until 9:05 before starting, but for
        the last year we have gotten going right on time. Even if there is only
        one person in the room. It's only fair to those who were thoughtful
        enough to arrive on time.

        > I have long thought that an ideal 13th point to the Scout Law should
        > be "A Scout is Punctual"

        As others stated, it falls under #5. #13 is Hungry.