Re: [Scouter_T] Re: New Cub Basic Training Program

  • Brant Lippincott
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 5, 2007
      I was having an email conversation with my DE and he has checked with some of his compatriots at the district. Neither he nor his buddies is aware of anything. Weird, but perhaps not that strange considering all the hype about OWL... (and the final release that was not very different from the prior syllabus.)

      What I'd like to see is the elimination of watching the same videos for 5 different classes. Let's call it CUB-NLE and show them once. Then the classes could be edited for position specific info - and run 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. Maybe 2-1/2.

      On the idea of NLE as an online course, I think that NLE should be more than just reading the slides - on the part of the participant.

      Brant Lippincott
      Cub Training Chair
      Great Plains District
      Circle 10 Council

      nuts4scouts <nuts4scouts@...> wrote:
      I was talking to our Asst SE yesterday and asked him about the new
      Cub training. His reply was that National was "working" on changes
      (& had been for a number of years), but that nothing was set in stone
      as of yet.

    • Frank Maynard
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 13, 2007
        On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Gerry Moon wrote:

        > I've seen the same thing - last minute shows that push start times
        > back.

        A couple years ago I'd routinely wait until 9:05 before starting, but for
        the last year we have gotten going right on time. Even if there is only
        one person in the room. It's only fair to those who were thoughtful
        enough to arrive on time.

        > I have long thought that an ideal 13th point to the Scout Law should
        > be "A Scout is Punctual"

        As others stated, it falls under #5. #13 is Hungry.

        Frank Maynard, NF8M
        CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
        Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council