Training Codes

  • Ilively@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 21 12:12 PM
      Training Code Listing
      CODE DESCRIPTION
      Training for All Program Levels
      A01 New Leader Essentials
      A90 Wood Badge for the 21st Century
      Y01 Youth Protection Training

      C Cub Scout Adult Training Series
      C09 Webelos Den Leader Outdoor
      C20 Cub Scout Leader Basic Training
      C30 Cub Scout Leader Pow Wow
      C31 Den Chief Training
      C32 Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation
      C40 Cubmaster Specific Training
      C41 Tiger Cub Den Leader Specific Training
      C42 Cub Scout Den Leader Specific Training
      C43 Tiger Cub Den Leader Award
      C44 Cubmaster Award
      C45 Cub Scout Den Leader Award
      C46 Webelos Den Leader Award
      C47 Cub Scouter Award
      C60 Pack Committee Member Specific Training
      C61 Webelos Den Leader Specific Training
      C90 Cub Scout Trainer Wood Badge
      CF-1 Cub Scout Den Leader Fast Start
      CF-2 Webelos Den Leader Fast Start
      CF-3 Cubmaster Fast Start
      CF-4 Pack Committee Fast Start
      CF-5 Tiger Cub Coach Fast Start
      CF-6 Tiger Cub Den Leader Fast Start

      D District/Council Adult Training Series
      D00 Commissioner Orientation
      D20 Commissioner Basic Training
      D01 Why Commissioners?
      D02 Units: The Commissioner's Top Priority
      D03 How to Help a Unit
      D10 Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner and Staff Basic Training
      D11 Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner Training
      D30 Commissioner Conference
      D31 Arrowhead Award
      D39 Commissioner's Key: Council and Assistant Council Commissioner
      D40 Commissioner's Key: District and Assistant District Commissioner
      D41 Commissioner's Key: Unit Commissioner
      D42 Commissioner's Key: Roundtable Commissioner
      D43 Training Award: Roundtable Staff
      D60 District Committee Key
      D61 District Committee Training Workshop
      D69 Trainer Development Conference
      D71 Council Officer/Board Orientation
      D72 Training the Chartered Org Rep
      D73 Health and Safety Course
      DFS District Commissioner Fast Start

      P Venturing Adult Training Series
      P21 Venturing Leader Specific Training
      P30 Sea Scouting Leader Specialized Training
      P31 Crew Officers' Seminar
      P40 Advisor's Key
      P41 Skipper's Key
      P43 Training Award�Venturing
      P91 Sea Badge
      PFS Advisor Fast Start

      S Boy Scout Adult Training Series
      S10 The Troop Committee Challenge
      S11 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
      S20 Boy Scout Leader Basic Training
      S21 Scoutmastership Fundamentals
      S24 Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training
      S32 Troop Junior Leader Training
      S40 Scoutmaster's Key
      S41 Boy Scout Leader's Training Award
      S50 Leadership Training for Leaders of 11-Year-Old Scouts
      SFS Boy Scout Leader Fast Start completed

      V Varsity Scout Adult Training Series
      V21 Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training
      S11 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
      V33 The Varsity Scout Letter
      V34 Youth Leaders in Varsity Scouting
      V40 Varsity Scout Coach's Key
      V41 Training Award�Varsity Scouting
      VFS Varsity Scout Leader Fast Start
    • Steven Powell
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 21 1:18 PM
        All,
        Some additional "blasts from the past"(see below)...for those of you putting
        together a resume or just inking your personal training records.
        Steve

        C32 Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation
        C40 Cubmaster Specific Training
        C41 Tiger Cub Den Leader Specific Training
        C42 Cub Scout Den Leader Specific Training
        C43 Tiger Cub Den Leader Award
        C44 Cubmaster Award
        C45 Cub Scout Den Leader Award
        C46 Webelos Den Leader Award
        C47 Cub Scouter Award
        C48 Den Leader Coach
        C49 Tiger Cub Coach
[...]

        D70 Train the Trainer Conference
        D71 Council Officer/Board Orientation
        D72 Training the Chartered Org Rep
        D73 Health and Safety Course
        DFS District Commissioner Fast Start

        P Venturing Adult Training Series
        P20 Adult Venturing Leader Basic Training completed.
        P21 Venturing Leader Specific Training
        P30 Sea Scouting Leader Specialized Training
        P31 Crew Officers' Seminar
        P40 Advisor's Key
        P41 Skipper's Key
        P43 Training Award-Venturing
        P91 Sea Badge
        PFS Advisor Fast Start

        S Boy Scout Adult Training Series
        S07 *Part 1--The Troop Meeting
        S08 *Part 2--Troop Organization
        S09 *Part 3--The Outdoor Program
        S10 The Troop Committee Challenge
        S11 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
        S20 Boy Scout Leader Basic Training
        S21 *Scoutmastership Fundamentals
        S24 Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training
        S32 Troop Junior Leader Training
        S40 Scoutmaster's Key
        S41 Boy Scout Leader's Training Award
        S50 Leadership Training for Leaders of 11-Year-Old Scouts
        S90 Boy Scout Leader Woodbadge
        SFS Boy Scout Leader Fast Start completed

        V Varsity Scout Adult Training Series
        V01 *Introduction to Varsity Scouting
        V02 *Varsity Scouting Leadership
        V03 *Varsity Scout Program
        V20 *Varsity Scout Leader Fundamentals Completed.
        V21 Varsity Coach Leader Specific Training
        S11 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills
        V33 The Varsity Scout Letter
        V34 Youth Leaders in Varsity Scouting
        V40 Varsity Scout Coach's Key
        V41 Training Award-Varsity Scouting
        VFS Varsity Scout Leader Fast Start

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • SeanWaiss@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 23 8:51 AM
          This leads me to a similar question. I am moving to a new council in the very near future, so I had my current registrar provide me a copy of my info from ScoutNet. One of my awards not listed was the West Fellowship. When I asked about it she checked and came back with the response that there was no code for it in SN. Okay, I can live with that, but how would my new council know I actually earned (okay, paid for) the award? Any ideas on how this should be noted in SN?

          Sean

[...]

          scouter_t-help@ <mailto:scouter_t-help%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com

          Scouting The Net - http://www.Scouting <http://www.ScoutingTheNet.com/> TheNet.com/
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Alan Smason
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 23 9:11 AM
            Sean,
            Didn't you get the memo about having to earn (okay, pay for) another
            West Fellowship at your new council? LOL.

            Alan Smason
            New Orleans, LA

[...]

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            6:51 PM
          • Tom Burke
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 23 9:34 AM
              Did you get any sort of certificate? Really, though, who is going to
              question the patch you wear? It does not work toward any sort of trained
              status for positions or safety for travel. But it was a great idea to get a
              copy of your record before going... just to make sure!

              Tom Burke
            • Steven Powell
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 23 10:07 AM
                Sean,

                Since there's no code it wouldn't be logged on ScoutNet. Second, "a Scout
                is trustworthy...". Finally, rarely is there Knot Police so don't worry
                dude! If your new Scout Exec or any other professional wanted to know they
                could easily make a call to your old/current council (it's in their
                Endowment Fund, right?). Just my nickels' worth...

                Steve

                From: "Steven Powell" <collshow@...>

                Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:18:06
                To:<scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>
              • Geoffrey Mayer
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                  Hello!

                  Does anyone know the training codes for the Pack Trainer knot and the new on-line test taken after
                  viewing the new Youth Protection DVD?

                  Thanks!

                  Geoffrey Mayer
                • Corbin Sarchet
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                    Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
                    class training.

                    Corb

                  • Scott Smith
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                      I have recently been helping our council with the input of backlogged
                      training attendance reports into ScoutNet and have found the mechanism very
                      cumbersome. For a given training attendance report, I have to bring up each
                      individual's record in ScoutNet and add the training information from the
                      report to the training information in their record. Is there another, more
                      streamlined mechanism to do this that anyone has found? Since most of the
                      training attendance reports dealing with a single training session with a
                      singular code, it would be nice if you could bring up some sort of menu
                      that would allow you to search out and then update multiple records at one
                      time for a single training events? I am certainly not a ScoutNet expert,
                      looking for someone who is. Ideas, suggestions, ways to streamline this
                      process would be greatly appreciated.

                      Scott Smith
                      Catalina Council Training Chair

                      D. Scott Smith 9000 S. Rita Phone:
                      IBM Systems & Technology Rd. (520)799-4980
                      Group BLDG 9032 Tie Line: 321-4980
                      Advisory Engineer, DA Tucson, AZ
                      Disk Encryption 85744 Email:
                      smithds@...

                    • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                        Hi Scott,
                        Nope. Not an easier way. Sorry. Been there, doing that.
                        sigh
                        Marian McQuaid
                        Boston Minuteman Council

                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
                          Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

                          > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
                          > class training.

                          Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
                          the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

                          I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
                          took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
                          I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

                          God bless!

                          Geoffrey
                        • Ben Ward
                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
                            Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

                            Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

                            > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
                            > class training.

                            Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
                            the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

                            I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
                            took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
                            I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

                            God bless!

                            Geoffrey

                          • techrescuemedic
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 5, 2010
                              I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".

                              I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the listings.

                              C. J. Johnson, BHS, NREMT-Paramedic (Ret.)
                              President/Owner
                              Emergency Services Special Operations Group, LLC
                              Charleston, South Carolina

                              843-991-3928 (Cell)
                              484-991-3922 (Fax)

                              johnsoch@...

                              Vires quod Veneratio

                              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...> wrote:

                              > Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

                            • Geoffrey Mayer
                              Message 14 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
                                techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):

                                > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
                                > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
                                > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
                                >
                                > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
                                > listings.

                                Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
                                shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
                                training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
                                Cub Den Leader knot is C43.

                                Thanks and God bless!

                                Geoffrey
                              • Bill
                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
                                  Pack Trainer Leader Specific code is C62

                                  see National's list here:
                                  http://scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/trainingcoursesreport2009.pdf

                                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Mayer" <geoffrey@...> wrote:

                                  > techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):
                                  >
                                  > > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
                                  > > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
                                  > > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
                                  > >
                                  > > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
                                  > > listings.
                                  >
                                  > Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
                                  > shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
                                  > training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
                                  > Cub Den Leader knot is C43.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks and God bless!
                                  >
                                  > Geoffrey

                                • Nina Wolfson
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 7, 2010
                                    There are several codes that are the same for both training and awards. When you update a person's record in ScoutNet with one of these 'duplicate' codes (like C62) you have to select from which Code C62 - for the award or for the training.

                                    Does this help? (Like things aren't confusing enough?) There's only a few that I recall that are like that - I think CSPST - Tigers and Tiger Den Leader Award are both the same codes, too.

                                    Nina Wolfson
                                    Gulf Ridge Council
                                    Tampa, FL