Re: New Cub Basic Training Program

  • Anna Sturdivant
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 18 4:21 AM
      Pardon me!! Wow, I am stumbling all over myself... that would be Fast
      Start.

      Anna Sturdivant

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Pennington" <rpenning@...>
      wrote:

      > I was not aware the NLE was online, I do not recall seeing it in
      the online
      > training center. Can you direct me to where it might be?
      >

      > Richard Pennington
      >
      > Eagle Scout Class of 1988
      >
      > Unit Commissioner Tall Timbers District ETAC
      >
      > Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 138
      >
      > Advisor Crew 138
      >
      > District Committee Tall Timbers District ETAC
      >

      > _____

      On Behalf
      > Of Anna Sturdivant
      > Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 12:39 PM
      > To: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Scouter_T] Re: New Cub Basic Training Program
      >

      > Sorry for the confusion in my terms - the syllabus will be in digital
      > format so that it can be downloaded, not online in the sense that NLE
      > and Troop Committee Challenge, for instance, are online. I understand
      > that it will be up to the council execs to make it available to us.
      >
      > Anna Sturdivant
      > Arrowhead District Training Chair
      > Circle Ten Council
      >
      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogrou <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com,
      > Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@>
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > So if I understand your e-mail correctly, the training will be
      > online this
      > > fall, thus I can sit at home and compelte the training and then be
      > > considered fully trained, including NLE which would apply for other
      > > positions as well. Am I correct?
      > >

      > > That was my question, too. Will this be online training, or when
      > you said "Online", did you mean it would be available to be
      > downloaded from the National intranet - such as Train the Trainer is
      > currently.
      > >

      > > ?YiS,
      > > Jamie Niss Dunn
      > > Pack Trainer
      > > Pack 512, Blaine/Coon Rapids Minnesota
      > > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      > > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      > > 3 Rivers District

    • Frank Maynard
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 13, 2007
        On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Gerry Moon wrote:

        > I've seen the same thing - last minute shows that push start times
        > back.

        A couple years ago I'd routinely wait until 9:05 before starting, but for
        the last year we have gotten going right on time. Even if there is only
        one person in the room. It's only fair to those who were thoughtful
        enough to arrive on time.

        > I have long thought that an ideal 13th point to the Scout Law should
        > be "A Scout is Punctual"

        As others stated, it falls under #5. #13 is Hungry.

        Frank Maynard, NF8M
        CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
        Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council