Re: [Scouter_T] Re: New Cub Basic Training Program

  • Jamie Niss Dunn
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 16, 2007
      Okay ... now I get to show my ignorance. What do you mean by
      "downloaded from the National intranet"? Are there training materials
      I could get my DE to download for me? You specifically mention the
      Trainer Development Conference but are there others?

      The Trainer Development Conference is the only one I know about. I know they have access to graphics and some other materials we can't/don't. I thought perhaps that in the interest of speedy distribution, the National Council might make the new Cub Scout training materials available through this medium.

      ?YiS,
      Jamie Niss Dunn
      Pack Trainer
      Pack 512, Blaine/Coon Rapids Minnesota
      Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      3 Rivers District

    • Frank Maynard
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 13, 2007
        On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Gerry Moon wrote:

        > I've seen the same thing - last minute shows that push start times
        > back.

        A couple years ago I'd routinely wait until 9:05 before starting, but for
        the last year we have gotten going right on time. Even if there is only
        one person in the room. It's only fair to those who were thoughtful
        enough to arrive on time.

        > I have long thought that an ideal 13th point to the Scout Law should
        > be "A Scout is Punctual"

        As others stated, it falls under #5. #13 is Hungry.

        Frank Maynard, NF8M
        CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
        Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council