Re: New Cub Basic Training Program

  • Steve Hutchinson
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 16, 2007
      Okay ... now I get to show my ignorance. What do you mean by
      "downloaded from the National intranet"? Are there training materials
      I could get my DE to download for me? You specifically mention the
      Trainer Development Conference but are there others?

      Always ready to learn new things!

      YIS,
      Steve

      - Steve Hutchinson
      - Cardinal District, Heart of Virginia Council
      - Richmond, Virginia
      - ASM, Boy Scout Troop 737
      - Boy Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      - Cub Scout District Training Coordinator

      > On 7/15/07, Jamie Niss Dunn <JNDunnMN@...> wrote:
      >
      > That was my question, too. Will this be online training, or
      > when you said "Online", did you mean it would be available
      > to be downloaded from the National intranet - such as Train
      > the Trainer is currently.
      >
      > YiS,
      > Jamie Niss Dunn
      > Pack Trainer
      > Pack 512, Blaine/Coon Rapids Minnesota
      > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      > 3 Rivers District
    • Frank Maynard
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 13, 2007
        On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Gerry Moon wrote:

        > I've seen the same thing - last minute shows that push start times
        > back.

        A couple years ago I'd routinely wait until 9:05 before starting, but for
        the last year we have gotten going right on time. Even if there is only
        one person in the room. It's only fair to those who were thoughtful
        enough to arrive on time.

        > I have long thought that an ideal 13th point to the Scout Law should
        > be "A Scout is Punctual"

        As others stated, it falls under #5. #13 is Hungry.

        Frank Maynard, NF8M
        CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
        Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council