New Cub Basic Training Program

  • Frank Maynard
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 13, 2007
      I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but what does anybody know about
      the revised Cub Leader Training program being rolled out this fall? I'm
      told by our DE that, at least in our council, it is a complete overhaul,
      that NLE becomes an optional element after position-specific and the name
      of job-specific training is changing, among other things. We do not have
      the new materials yet (and of course we have our first session scheduled
      in about six weeks).

      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      Ottawa Dist. Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council
    • Frank Maynard
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 13, 2007
        On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Gerry Moon wrote:

        > I've seen the same thing - last minute shows that push start times
        > back.

        A couple years ago I'd routinely wait until 9:05 before starting, but for
        the last year we have gotten going right on time. Even if there is only
        one person in the room. It's only fair to those who were thoughtful
        enough to arrive on time.

        > I have long thought that an ideal 13th point to the Scout Law should
        > be "A Scout is Punctual"

        As others stated, it falls under #5. #13 is Hungry.

        Frank Maynard, NF8M
        CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
        Ottawa District Cub Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council