You're invited - invite your fellow Scouts

  • Fort Knox Scouting Community
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2007
      Ma'am, Sir,

      The Scouts of Fort Knox would like to invite all Scout units, scouts, and scout leaders in your council to come down and participate in the 6th annual Future Leaders Day with us.

      On the weekend of 3-5 AUG 07, scouts from all over the country are invited to come to Ft Knox, camp on the installation if they'd like, and participate in the events that Saturday. The website is being updated with the current listing of what events will be available, and the Registration form gives you an idea of the kind of events which we will be attempting to offer at the event. Registration is also available online at http://www.knoxscouting.org/FLD/FLDindex.htm

      THERE'S ONLY ABOUT 30 DAYS 'TILL THE EVENT, BUT YOU CAN STILL MAKE IT OUT! START PLANNING NOW!

      The events on Saturday are totally free to attend for those who wish to drive in and attend them for the day only. Those units planning to camp would only pay $10.00 PER UNIT (NOT per YOUTH/ADULT) to camp, and patches are only $3.00. The other events listed (which are not run by us) may have a cost associated with them, as stated on the form. Council's are welcome to bring a "busload" as was requested by one council last year. If you run a website, please feel free to link to our website.

      Last year we had Scouts visiting us from North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Indiana, and Ohio. We hope to add YOUR TROOP to the list of those who have come out and had a BALL at the event.

      We're also looking for your "Scout Talent"!! If your unit is the best at. . . . whatever (rope bridges, signal towers, teaching map reading, setting up orienteering courses, teaching knot tying, whatever). . . We want to showcase you - and let you "Show Off" what you're good at. Let us know, and we'll give you a spot (booth/event) to 'Show Off' during the event.

      Make sure you Crew's know about the Dance planned for Saturday night. We'd LOVE to have YOUR unit at the event, so visit the website (directions are listed, and an online registration form is available) and get ready to REPORT IN to the home of the Cavalry Scout!!!!!!!!!

      SCOUTS OUT!!!!!!!!

      The FKSC,
      P.O. Box 41
      Ft Knox KY 40121-0041
      BLD 1022, Morande Street
      Visit us online at:
      http://www.knoxscouting.org/
      "The goodness of a person and of the society he or she lives in often comes down to very simple things and words found in the Scout Law. Every society depends on trust and loyalty, on courtesy and kindness, on bravery and reverence. These are the values of Scouting, and these are the values of Americans."