New member from WI

  • Warren Kraft
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
      A member of SCOUTS-L mentioned this group in a recent posting. Always looking for great resources to better improve myself as a mentor/coach to the scouts, here I am.

      My son just graduated high school and finished 12 years in scouting as an Eagle. I scoutmastered the former junior leader training conference program for Boy Scouts and tested the current Natl Youth Leader Training. I took and staffed ALT/SM Leader Specific Training and WB-21. Working with the ceremony teams for our OA chapter. Asst scoutmaster for the new scout patrol. Now I run the annual planning conference training program for the district. And, a whole host of other stuff.

      I am most intrigued by the "new" Cub Scout approach that includes week-by-week meeting schedules with advancement. It was something we did locally when my son went through Cub Scouts (95-99) The leaders a year ahead of us gave us their calendar, who received it from the leaders a year ahead of their kids, etc. Unfortunately, none of us kept the materials once our kids aged up.

      Glad to be here! Scout On!

      Yours In Scouting,
      wpkraft, Chaplain
      Twin Lakes District, Bay-Lakes Council
      Troop 615, Oshkosh
      http://www.troop615.0catch.com
      Bobwhite, C-09-02

      I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
      I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.

      Abraham Lincoln

    • joe parajecki
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
        Hey Warren
        Welcome aboard. I saw your post on the other list just a little while
        ago figured you'd already applied for membership here. Nice to have a
        fellow Wisconsinite here. I am in Waterford in Racine County.
        I am a Cub Leader and your right this new approach is interesting, I
        came up in the days of den mothers, now I am involved because of my
        (now a wolf)son.
        It's funny I started as a co-den leader, then Pack secretary, then
        trainer, then district training chair now???? all in a year but I
        waould not trade this year for anything met a lot of great people,
        esp. here, who are willing to give advice and a helping hand when you
        need it. Ask and ye shall be answered.
        Happy Scouting
        Joe Parajecki
        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Warren Kraft <warrenkraft@...>
        wrote:

        > A member of SCOUTS-L mentioned this group in a recent posting.
        Always looking for great resources to better improve myself as a
        mentor/coach to the scouts, here I am.

        > My son just graduated high school and finished 12 years in
        scouting as an Eagle. I scoutmastered the former junior leader
        training conference program for Boy Scouts and tested the current
        Natl Youth Leader Training. I took and staffed ALT/SM Leader
        Specific Training and WB-21. Working with the ceremony teams for our
        OA chapter. Asst scoutmaster for the new scout patrol. Now I run the
        annual planning conference training program for the district. And, a
        whole host of other stuff.

        > I am most intrigued by the "new" Cub Scout approach that includes
        week-by-week meeting schedules with advancement. It was something we
        did locally when my son went through Cub Scouts (95-99) The leaders
        a year ahead of us gave us their calendar, who received it from the
        leaders a year ahead of their kids, etc. Unfortunately, none of us
        kept the materials once our kids aged up.

        > Glad to be here! Scout On!
        >

        > Yours In Scouting,
        > wpkraft, Chaplain
        > Twin Lakes District, Bay-Lakes Council
        > Troop 615, Oshkosh
        > http://www.troop615.0catch.com
        > Bobwhite, C-09-02
        >
        > I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
        > I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
        >
        > Abraham Lincoln

      • Steven Powell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
          Welcome to the List Warren. Glad to have you here as well as Scouts_L.

          Steve

          Longs Peak Council

          I use to be a fox.many times

          And a good ole staffer.many times

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Warren Kraft <warrenkraft@...> wrote:

            > A member of SCOUTS-L mentioned this group in a recent posting.
            Always looking for great resources to better improve myself as a
            mentor/coach to the scouts, here I am.

            Like Warren, I found out about this group from Scouts-L.

            I've been on the Fort Orange District training team for about 10
            years. I've done most of the courses from Cub Leader thru Venturing -
            except NLE - but my specialty is the cooking portion of IOLS. I earned
            Wood Badge under the pre-WB21 syllabus and I also earned the Powder
            Horn award for Venturing leaders.

            Ralph V. Balfoort, UC
            I used to be a beaver (NE III-135)
            In the Beaver Patrol as a Scout
            And still Ktemaque (Beaver) Chapter,
            Kittan Lodge #364, OA
          • doc marshall
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
              Steve - imagine finding you here! Yours in Brotherhood
              & Service - Doc

            • Sandra Martens
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
                our council sent some representatives to learn about it and we are going to try the pilot program with 7 packs in the council. it consists of a 90 minute training session and a cd that has all the program helps based on advancement, not the themes.

                Sandy OWL
                SEWI Council
                Racine, WI