Re:Troop Leadership Training

  • Steve Hutchinson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 12, 2007
      Ruth,

      I agree the new Troop Leader Training format leaves a lot of "fill in
      the blanks" for individual units to come up with. I also agree with
      Gary that the best places to go are the NYLT and Wood Badge syllabi.

      We did our first real formal Troop Leader Training course in our unit
      this past November and it was a huge success. While the TLT syllabus
      only gives you the simple "Be, Know, Do" framework, there's a lot of
      good information you can place within those sections.

      To give you an idea of where we took it, there are links below to the
      PowerPoint presentation we developed for the course. I also included
      a link to the "GeoSlab" font we used which is similar to the title
      font used in the Boy Scout Handbook and Scoutmaster Handbook.

      Troop 737 TLT PowerPoint file (317K)
      http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/T737LeaderTraining.ppt

      PDF version of the presentation (94K)
      http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/T737LeaderTraining.pdf

      Geometric Slabserif Font
      http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/GeoSlab.ttf

      --- "rjays6" <rwhitehouse1@...> wrote:

      > Greetings! What suggestions would the list have,
      > as to how a Troop can best deliver the new Troop
      > Leadership Training? The new materials seem
      > rather weak. Any ideas on what materials to use
      > to supplement?
      >
      > Ruth White
      > Buckeye District Training Chair, Simon Kenton Council
    • Fred Goodwin, CMA
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 12, 2007
        FYI: there is a Yahoo Group devoted to youth leadership training
        issues:

        TLT and how to present it have come up before in that group; you might
        check the archives.

        Fred Goodwin, UC
        Alamo Area Council