Re: [Scouter_T] Troop Leadership Training

  • Garry McLeary
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 11, 2007
      The material on the Leading/Teaching EDGE in the NYLT and Woodbadge sylibus is very helpfull
      yis
      Garry

      rjays6 <rwhitehouse1@...> wrote:
      Greetings! What suggestions would the list have, as to how a Troop can
      best deliver the new Troop Leadership Training? The new materials seem
      rather weak. Any ideas on what materials to use to supplement?

      Ruth White
      Buckeye District Training Chair, Simon Kenton Council

    • Steve Hutchinson
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 12, 2007
        Ruth,

        I agree the new Troop Leader Training format leaves a lot of "fill in
        the blanks" for individual units to come up with. I also agree with
        Gary that the best places to go are the NYLT and Wood Badge syllabi.

        We did our first real formal Troop Leader Training course in our unit
        this past November and it was a huge success. While the TLT syllabus
        only gives you the simple "Be, Know, Do" framework, there's a lot of
        good information you can place within those sections.

        To give you an idea of where we took it, there are links below to the
        PowerPoint presentation we developed for the course. I also included
        a link to the "GeoSlab" font we used which is similar to the title
        font used in the Boy Scout Handbook and Scoutmaster Handbook.

        Troop 737 TLT PowerPoint file (317K)
        http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/T737LeaderTraining.ppt

        PDF version of the presentation (94K)
        http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/T737LeaderTraining.pdf

        Geometric Slabserif Font
        http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/GeoSlab.ttf

        --- "rjays6" <rwhitehouse1@...> wrote:

        > Greetings! What suggestions would the list have,
        > as to how a Troop can best deliver the new Troop
        > Leadership Training? The new materials seem
        > rather weak. Any ideas on what materials to use
        > to supplement?
        >
        > Ruth White
        > Buckeye District Training Chair, Simon Kenton Council
      • Fred Goodwin, CMA
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 12, 2007
          FYI: there is a Yahoo Group devoted to youth leadership training
          issues:

          TLT and how to present it have come up before in that group; you might
          check the archives.

          Fred Goodwin, UC
          Alamo Area Council