Troop Leadership Training

  • rjays6
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 11, 2007
      Greetings! What suggestions would the list have, as to how a Troop can
      best deliver the new Troop Leadership Training? The new materials seem
      rather weak. Any ideas on what materials to use to supplement?

      Ruth White
      Buckeye District Training Chair, Simon Kenton Council
    • Garry McLeary
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 11, 2007
        The material on the Leading/Teaching EDGE in the NYLT and Woodbadge sylibus is very helpfull
        yis
        Garry

        rjays6 <rwhitehouse1@...> wrote:
        Greetings! What suggestions would the list have, as to how a Troop can
        best deliver the new Troop Leadership Training? The new materials seem
        rather weak. Any ideas on what materials to use to supplement?

        Ruth White
        Buckeye District Training Chair, Simon Kenton Council

      • Steve Hutchinson
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 12, 2007
          Ruth,

          I agree the new Troop Leader Training format leaves a lot of "fill in
          the blanks" for individual units to come up with. I also agree with
          Gary that the best places to go are the NYLT and Wood Badge syllabi.

          We did our first real formal Troop Leader Training course in our unit
          this past November and it was a huge success. While the TLT syllabus
          only gives you the simple "Be, Know, Do" framework, there's a lot of
          good information you can place within those sections.

          To give you an idea of where we took it, there are links below to the
          PowerPoint presentation we developed for the course. I also included
          a link to the "GeoSlab" font we used which is similar to the title
          font used in the Boy Scout Handbook and Scoutmaster Handbook.

          Troop 737 TLT PowerPoint file (317K)
          http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/T737LeaderTraining.ppt

          PDF version of the presentation (94K)
          http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/T737LeaderTraining.pdf

          Geometric Slabserif Font
          http://cardinaldistrict.net/docs/GeoSlab.ttf

          --- "rjays6" <rwhitehouse1@...> wrote:

          > Greetings! What suggestions would the list have,
          > as to how a Troop can best deliver the new Troop
          > Leadership Training? The new materials seem
          > rather weak. Any ideas on what materials to use
          > to supplement?
          >
          > Ruth White
          > Buckeye District Training Chair, Simon Kenton Council
        • Fred Goodwin, CMA
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 12, 2007
            FYI: there is a Yahoo Group devoted to youth leadership training
            issues:

            TLT and how to present it have come up before in that group; you might
            check the archives.

            Fred Goodwin, UC
            Alamo Area Council