New Files Uploaded: Cub Scout Leader Program Helps Summaries 07-08

  • kahancam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2007
      Leaders,

      New files have been uploaded to the "Files" section under "Pack
      Trainer" of this Scouter_t Yahoo Group for reference, planning,
      conducting the Ideal Year of Scouting 2007 - 2008.

      Include are Cub Scout Program Helps Summaries 2007-2008 for use by
      Cubmasters, Tiger, Wolf and Bear Den Leaders.

      These documents are useful as handouts at Cub Roundtable, Cub Leader
      Specifics Training, Ideal Year of Scouting Presentations.

      The Pack Summary includes Monthly Themes, Academics and Sports Belt
      Loops, Family Activities, District Activities, District Training,
      Leadership Enhancement Training, and Book of the Month.

      The Den Summaries (Tiger, Wolf, Bear) also include Monthly Themes,
      Academics and Sports Belt Loop, District Activities, and Family
      Activities, they also list all Achievements and Electives suggested
      by the Cub Program Helps. In addition, those Achievements in
      Blue/Bold indicate suggested Achievements not listed in Program Helps
      that are necessary to attain the Cub Scout Rank in time for Pack Blue
      and Gold Banquet.

      Included on the Den Leaders (Tiger, Wolf, Bear) Summaries is a column
      dedicated to those Achievements, Electives, and Family Activities
      that Parents / Families are responsible for conducting in their home
      in order for their son to complete his rank requirements in time for
      the Pack Blue and Gold Banquet.

      These documents are targeted for Cubmasters, Committee chairs who
      plan and support Pack Meetings. Den leaders can use their summary
      for planning and preparation at the Annual Pack Planning Meeting,
      Annual Parent Orientation, and Monthly Pack Planning Meeting. Cub
      Roundtable Commissioners have used them in conjunction with the Cub
      Scout Roundtable Planning Guide and as handouts at monthly Cub
      Roundtables. Finally, District Cub Training Chairs have made copies
      available at Cub Leader Specific Training.

      Districts leaders may wish to post them to your District Yahoo Group
      and / or Website as addition resource documents for Cub Scout Direct
      Contact Leaders.

      I hope you find these useful. If you locate any errors or omissions,
      or see ways to improve the content or format of these summaries,
      please send me an e-mail so that I may correct or improve these
      documents.

      "Every Boy Deserved a Trained Leader"
      Mike Kahanca
      kahancam@...
      Program Chair
      Eagle District
      Central Florida Council
    • kahancam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2007
        I was informed the BEAR Den summary had contained data from 2006 -
        2007. I posted the corrected File in its place.

        Your in Scouting,

        Mike Kahanca
        Program Chair
        Eagle District