Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Breaking news from Philmont - Training

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 9, 2007
      I am very excited to tell you all that my son is attending NAYLE in July!! I am so proud of him. He was chosen by the Scoutmater to go. He is 17 has staffed NYLT for 3 years and will staff next spring as an ASM............

      Mikedunne@... wrote: A couple of things regarding the news from PTC:
      NAYLE replaces the old NJLIC, or National Junior Leader Instructor Camp (or
      maybe Conference). Instead of focusing on presentation skills, the idea is
      NAYLE let's participants "live" the concepts taught in the Council-level
      National Youth Leadership Training conference.

      The youth leadership training continium now is:
      Troop Leadership Training (TLT), obviously the troop-level youth leader
      training conducted by SM and SPL
      NYLT -- council level
      NAYLE -- national level (at Philmont Rocky Mountain Scout Camp and the scout
      ranch in general)

      By now, Wood Badge is using the same terminology and concepts as NYLT/TLT
      and NAYLE.

      If your council and troop aren't taking advantage of these new programs, you
      should (I am biased).

      They are simple and effective and track modern team leadership training.
      Like many things, there are still many who are not happy with change but the
      train has left the station.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Mike Dunne
      Vice-chair for program, Istrouma Area Council, Baton Rouge
      National Youth Leadership Training Task Force member and syllabus design
      team member
      Southern Region Wood Badge Committee, SR-1 area coordinator
      old training geezer

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      connie

    • NeilLup@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 11, 2007
        In a message dated 6/9/07 2:43:43 PM, cknie23100@... writes:

        > He was chosen by the Scoutmater to go.

        Congratulations. However, there is no particular selection for NAYLE.
        It is open to any Scout who has completed NYLT in their local council.

        Best wishes,

        Neil Lupton