Pow Wow classes

  • Karen Peterson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30 9:08 PM
      Hi,

      My husband is the Pow Wow chair for our council this year and we are
      talking about creating more classes for Webelos leaders. The thought
      was to create classes to help give Webelos leaders more ideas for the
      activity badges. As has been observed on this list before, it is around
      fourth grade where the boys start to drop out, because they have "been
      there done that" and are bored. We would like to give Webelos leaders
      more resources for working with the boys on new level. Basically, how
      to kick it up a notch.

      We were thinking of creating classes based on the 5 activity badge
      groups. I know I have seen conversations about this before on this
      list. Has anyone done classes like this and have syllabi that they
      would be willing to share?

      Thanks,

      Karen Peterson
      Cubmaster, Pack 522
      District Trainer, Eagle Valley District
    • Margo Mead
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31 9:06 AM
        Hi Karen! I think that sounds like a really good idea. It would be great to
        give Webelos leaders some ideas for making some of those more boring
        activity badge requirements more fun by making them into games or other
        methods. We have noticed in our pack, that for some reason the Webelos are
        the worst-behaved bunch at pack meetings, and I'm told they behave similarly
        at their den meetings. Maybe it's early hormones or something, but I think
        making the Webelos den leader's job easier would really help!

        I had some other ideas for new classes that I e-mailed to Jeff after
        Pow-wow, did he forward them to your husband? I just feel bad that I won't
        be able to present any classes this year because we planned our vacation
        before we heard that the date had been changed.

        Regards--

        Margo Mead

        Portland, Oregon

        meadclan@...

        _____

        My husband is the Pow Wow chair for our council this year and we are
        talking about creating more classes for Webelos leaders.

      • Arkie.Net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2007
          This might help (or maybe not...) :)

          http://www.arkie.net/~pow-wow/